PDA

View Full Version : Tri-X Rumours?

Roy_H
29th November 2008, 08:50 PM
The latest issue of B&W Photography has a small article that starts "Silverprint reckon Kodak's Tri-X could be on the way out...".

Has anyone else heard this 'dramatic' news, or is it just a way for Silverprint to boost sales, having apparently just bought themselves 1000 rolls (presumably 35mm)?

If it's true, then I for one will be stocking the freezer.

...and as an aside: can anyone recommend the best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy Tri-X 5x4 sheet film? A quick web search brought up some widely differing prices from various suppliers.

Bob
29th November 2008, 10:04 PM
I'd tend to discount any such rumour. There have been so many different rumours in recent years and few ever panned out as true. The "Kodak is dumping Tri-X" rumour has appeared regularly.

At some point I expect Kodak will end up with just Tmax 100 & 400 but I have heard nothing to suggest that is imminent.

Argentum
29th November 2008, 10:40 PM
This sounds like a small magazine turning personal opinions into rumours. I would treat it as just that, a rumour and worthless until or at such time as Kodak make an official announcement. In the short term its a useful mechanism for shifting stock approaching its sell by date. So there's another rumour for you. Which one do you beleive...