PDA

View Full Version : A (nother) Hello

Aynsley Cooper
6th December 2008, 01:26 PM
Hi all - just thought I'd do the honourable thing and say hello. I've been using film for many years, mostly transparency, in all formats. Been employed in a photographic role for about 15 years now, too. Dabbled with the "other" thing, and that's all I'll say about it :D
Best wishes to all who enter here!
Aynsley Cooper

Trevor Crone
6th December 2008, 01:32 PM
Hello Ansley, It's good to see you here. Please just stick to 'dabbling' with the other 'thing,' at least that's all I attempt to do:) I hope we may see some of your photography in due course?

Barry
6th December 2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome Aynsley,

Glad you found us. You will recognise many around here.

Dave miller
6th December 2008, 01:50 PM
A warm welcome from another former "dabbler".

CarlRadford
6th December 2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the clan!

Les McLean
6th December 2008, 02:47 PM
Welcome to the land of the dinosaurs:)

Bill
6th December 2008, 04:54 PM
Welcome Aynsley,

Keep with film and forget the dabbling!

Bill

Sandeha Lynch
6th December 2008, 06:35 PM
Hi Aynsley. What are you shooting with these days?

B&W Neil
6th December 2008, 06:56 PM
Hello and welcome - long may you remain with us :)

Neil.

Aynsley Cooper
6th December 2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks all -
Sandeha - in response to your question, I've acquired a few bits of kit over the years (less unusual than some of your own, I know!!) but my current film companion is a Fuji GSW690 - at the moment it has a fresh roll of Reala in it...
A
:)

Roy_H
6th December 2008, 09:00 PM
...and what a fine cameras they are. Mine's a GW690 III.
Welcome Aynsley.

Mike O'Pray
6th December 2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Aynsley and welcome from someone not a million miles away from Dave Miller or in fact several others a little further West.

Mike

Bob
6th December 2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome aboard Aynsley.

Feel free to upload a shot or three from your GSW690 (or indeed any other film camera!) to the Albums ;) ..

Have fun, Bob.

Mark Burley
7th December 2008, 10:34 PM
Hi Aynsley - long time no speak! how the devil are you? It's good to see you here.

Mark

Peter Hogan
8th December 2008, 08:12 AM
Reala? Wot's that? Welcome..! Peter

Aynsley Cooper
12th December 2008, 04:29 PM
All, I will try and drop an image or two on shortly...although I am primarily a colour fan...don't hold it against me!
Those who know me and enquired, I'm fine, thanks. Just need to get out more with my camera(s)...Nice to see support for another forum, too.
Aynsley

Dave miller
12th December 2008, 04:55 PM
All, I will try and drop an image or two on shortly...although I am primarily a colour fan...don't hold it against me!
Those who know me and enquired, I'm fine, thanks. Just need to get out more with my camera(s)...Nice to see support for another forum, too.
Aynsley

Colour shots will be very welcome to brighten up the album pages, it's seriously under-represented here at the moment.

Bob
12th December 2008, 06:28 PM
Only downside to colour is that many people these days print on the dreaded inkj*t :eek:

I've been playing with RA4 on and off and surprisingly find it quite easy despite being somewhat colour-blind. I use my colour densitometer (knew I'd find a use for it eventually!) to read a neutral grey/white/black area in the image to remove the colour-cast ;) - as long as there is no major change in the form of lighting, that seems to suffice for all the negatives on the roll.