PDA

View Full Version : Hasselblad 501 jammed

panormski
19th December 2010, 12:04 PM
Help!!My Hassy has completely jammed after firing. No wind on, no lens release. Any advice. Can anyone recommend a a place to get a repair/service in the UK. North of England would be good as then I can take it.
Seasons greetings
Norman
:)

MartyNL
19th December 2010, 12:18 PM
It seems quite common.
Try this, one of many links if you search hasselblad jam.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7580561_unjam-hasselblad.html

let us know if it works.

Richard Gould
19th December 2010, 12:22 PM
For repairs to any camera equipment I would suggest and would nighly reccomend www.newtonellis.co.ukRichard

Dave miller
19th December 2010, 01:16 PM
As Marty wrote, a common problem. There is a link at the bottom of the page he linked to that provides some pictures of the screw. HERE (http://photoweb.net/pw_tech/hassy_unjam.html).

panormski
19th December 2010, 01:19 PM
For repairs to any camera equipment I would suggest and would nighly reccomend www.newtonellis.co.ukRichard

Thanks Richard
Liverpool is just across the M62 So I may contact them after Christmas
Norman

panormski
19th December 2010, 01:23 PM
It seems quite common.
Try this, one of many links if you search hasselblad jam.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7580561_unjam-hasselblad.html

let us know if it works.

Thanks Marty (and Dave) The photos help...now it is just the confidence to put the screwdriver into the camera....I will report back

Norman

panormski
19th December 2010, 02:24 PM
I have used the screwdriver to cock the shutter, which has enabled me to remove the lens. Unfortunately it does look as though the body has a problem as it won't fire or cock. The lens seems to be working fine.
At least I can get the body serviced (it may be the main spring ?).
Thanks for the help
Norman

Steve O
19th December 2010, 02:52 PM
I'll second the recommendation for Newton Ellis, they did a great job on an A12 back service for my Hasselblad 501cm earlier this year.

Steve

MartyNL
20th December 2010, 01:23 AM
I have used the screwdriver to cock the shutter, which has enabled me to remove the lens. Unfortunately it does look as though the body has a problem as it won't fire or cock. The lens seems to be working fine.
At least I can get the body serviced (it may be the main spring ?).
Thanks for the help
Norman

Best of luck. It's a real bummer when your prized equipment goes down.:mad:

martinb
22nd December 2010, 01:27 PM
My new 500CM that had just arrived did just the same thing over the weekend, I turned the screw and all is well, just be careful though.

Martin

panormski
8th January 2011, 12:13 PM
Sent the 501 to Newton Ellis...they phoned the next day to let me know that it had arrived and to give me the estimate for repair.The estimate was fine (and very reasonable) so I look forward to getting it back as good as new. Thanks for the help.
Norman

B&W Neil
8th January 2011, 12:29 PM
That's good to hear Norman. A happy outcome:)

Neil.