PDA

View Full Version : Zorki 1

jonsparkes
30th December 2010, 01:58 PM
Anyone used a Zorki 1? Been looking at them on ebay and they look a delight to use, a real classic.

AndrewS
30th December 2010, 03:22 PM
Not used a Zorki 1 but have a some of the more recent models.

As you might expect they are more 'industrial' than cameras you're likely be used to. This can also be an advantage as adjustments are easy to do.

If the lubricants haven't solidified through lack of use they can be nice cameras to use -- I have a Zorki 6 that is amazingly smooth.

The Jupiter and Industar lenses are worth a play as well, though same issue with lubricants. Watch for ones that have been badly CLAd.

You might find these interesting/ useful:
http://zorki1c.com/camera/zorki12list.html
http://jay.fedka.com/

Think the only thing to be careful of on the early models is to make sure you wind on/ cock the shutter before setting the shutter speed.

Most of mine have come from FSU sellers and I've never had a problem.

Richard Gould
30th December 2010, 03:51 PM
Jon,Many moons ago I used a Zorki 1, it was fun to use and the lenses were pretty good, make sure that it is working well and that the price is good, and, if you get one, in fact if you get any FSU cameras, never ever change the shutter speed without the film wound and the shutter cocked, or else severe damage can accrue, I know, that is why I stopped using my Zorki, if you get a good one then it can be a gem,and a good photo taker,Richard

wiesmier
30th December 2010, 04:38 PM
I have a Zorki6 and they are great cameras and lovely FSU lenses too. If you but from someone like OK photocameras http://www.okvintagecamera.com/about.html then the camera will be in fine cla'd nick

StanW
30th December 2010, 10:09 PM
I use a 4K with a full range of lenses. The Canon Serenar 28mm is a delight to use.

nickharman
2nd January 2011, 03:53 PM
Very fond of my Zorki 4k, colour pictures have the Lomo look owing to the poor lens coating, black and white is a bit soft but hey...

I have a 300mm lens for it, made by some long defunct factory. Bit of a lottery aiming it!

PMarkey
2nd January 2011, 04:36 PM
I had a Zorki 1 for awhile and regret selling it now , even though the view finder was on the dim side and every shot was a lottery due to it's age even after cleaning and lubricating it . Not a bad camera just 50+ years old and built to meet a quota rather than a quality standard .

I would also agree with wiesmier and recommend buying from Oleg if you are tempted , Saves buying a basket case of E**y and then having to send it to him to fix anyway as the Zorki 1's are not the cheap buy they where a few years ago .

Paul

ErnestoJL
8th January 2011, 07:16 PM
I still have mine, but unfortunately the curtains ar broken.
Itīs a deligth to use even not having slow speeds. The Lens is usually a collapsible Industar 22 which makes it a nice pocketable camera. The lens is a Tessar clone and itīs really sharp and well contrasted.
Cheers
Ernesto