PDA

View Full Version : Filters for Durst Modular 70

Argentum
14th December 2008, 02:32 PM
I have just installed my Durst Modular 70 (been in garage for many years) on a wall mount and with B+W condenser head. Just printed my first prints on it, one of which will be winging its way to its round 1 print exchange recipient very shortly. Anyhow I digress. The B+W head for this enlarger has a filter drawer. I had mistakenly assumed that my ilford 3.5 x 3.5 VC filters would just drop straight into the draw. But they are infact slightly too big. I could cut them down and probably will do, but does anyone know if there are durst filters which were made to fit these drawers and whether the drawer had a glass insert to support the filters? I suspect the drawer is the same size as those on the B+W condenser heads for the M670 and possibly the 707.

Ag-Bromide
14th December 2008, 06:19 PM
I have just installed my Durst Modular 70 (been in garage for many years) on a wall mount and with B+W condenser head. Just printed my first prints on it, one of which will be winging its way to its round 1 print exchange recipient very shortly. Anyhow I digress. The B+W head for this enlarger has a filter drawer. I had mistakenly assumed that my ilford 3.5 x 3.5 VC filters would just drop straight into the draw. But they are infact slightly too big. I could cut them down and probably will do, but does anyone know if there are durst filters which were made to fit these drawers and whether the drawer had a glass insert to support the filters? I suspect the drawer is the same size as those on the B+W condenser heads for the M670 and possibly the 707.I own a Modular 70, but mine has the dedicated "VARIO" head for VC papers, so I don`t know about the filter sizes needed for the condenser head and filter drawer.
Your idea of cutting the Ilford filters to size is probably the best option.

Barry
14th December 2008, 07:40 PM
Rob,

A log time ago I had an M670 and I do believe I had to cut the filters. I no longer have them so I can't be sure, sorry.