PDA

View Full Version : Anybody doing photography abroad this year.

Jon Butler
7th January 2011, 11:09 PM
Anyone going on a trip abroad this year to do some photography?
I'm just interested to find out what others are planning, I say planning because foreign photo trips do need organising well to be enjoyable and successful.

I'm off to Greece as I do every year, hopefully going for 3 weeks in the spring on my own and at least 6 weeks with Mrs.B in Sep/Oct.
Going to take less gear with me this year but will still take a light 4x5 kit plus a Mamiya 7ii and Leica M.

JON.:slap:

wiesmier
7th January 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm off to England on Monday :rolleyes: for a week. Hoping also to go to Tuscany for a cycling event in October.

TonyMiller
8th January 2011, 04:16 AM
We'll be going to Paris again to see my wife's family at some point this year. The joke in our house is it takes me 10 minutes to sort clothes out for our trip and 3 days deciding on which camera and lens to take.......:)

paulc
8th January 2011, 06:20 AM
Off to Naples at Easter, flying cattle class - Will be loading up my pockets with 5x4 kit and taking a shirt and a single spare sock.

Dave miller
8th January 2011, 08:18 AM
We are going to chance the Watford Gap later this month, will probably travel naked so as not to attract attention.

DaveP
8th January 2011, 09:14 AM
Hopefully sardinia this year. Will be taking 645 or 4x5/6x17 depending on how the baggage situation pans out.

B&W Neil
8th January 2011, 09:27 AM
I am risking a trip over the border to Devon this month :D

Neil.

martinb
8th January 2011, 12:43 PM
Planning a trip to the hill towns of Andalucia in early May and perhaps a trip to Istanbul before then, will be travelling light so just the F100 and a couple of lenses. During the summer it will either be Italy or France.

Martin

Sandeha Lynch
8th January 2011, 12:46 PM
This year, possibly not, as have only just come back from Uruguay and still have a few more days of neg scanning ahead of me. I may have a few worth printing up but I'll save that for the summer.

An unedited jumble of the black and white shots here ...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandeha/sets/72157625648438347/show/

Neopan 400 and Acros 100, Rolleiflex Standard, Pentax MZ-5n (24mm, 43mm, 100mm), and Daiichi Zenobia.

Alfonso
8th January 2011, 01:57 PM
It seems I will do some business trips to India: New Delhi and a couple of very very remote places. The RZ67 and a couple of lenses will travel with me. Holidays will be in September and probably to either Germany or France.

Trevor Crone
8th January 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm lying low in North Norfolk in October.

Neil Smith
9th January 2011, 10:25 AM
My wife wants to visit relatives she has never met in Florence this year so that is probable, but it is always a balance trying to spend time with her and shooting also, but I will definitely be taking one of my kits at least.

Neil

Graeme
13th January 2011, 05:26 PM
Paris again, hopefully in May - hoping to do some pinholes.
£ and work allowing maybe Thailand at end of year.

Jeff Worsnop
13th January 2011, 07:28 PM
Anyone going on a trip abroad this year to do some photography?
I'm just interested to find out what others are planning, I say planning because foreign photo trips do need organising well to be enjoyable and successful.

I'm off to Greece as I do every year, hopefully going for 3 weeks in the spring on my own and at least 6 weeks with Mrs.B in Sep/Oct.
Going to take less gear with me this year but will still take a light 4x5 kit plus a Mamiya 7ii and Leica M.

JON.:slap:

Yes. Off to the Scottish island of Mull for a week in May. Usually spend a week on a different small island just before midge time each year, but this year it is a big island.

Adrian Twiss
14th January 2011, 06:48 AM
I am thinking about North Germany this year. I am lucky to have a brother living in Keil. Rather than fly I have decided to be adventurous and take the car. This will allow me to carry quite a bit of kit. Looking forward to visiting Lubeck (some nice architecture there not forgetting the marzipan). I will probably drive down to Berlin and pay Fotoimpex a visit.

TomHayward
20th January 2011, 01:10 PM
I am off to Peru in a few weeks. I'll be taking an assortment of camera equipment with me then...!

Rob Archer
20th January 2011, 08:28 PM
I'm lying low in North Norfolk in October.

Don't forget to check with the foreign office before you go Trevor, tropical diseases are rife and cannibals have been reported!

Ive got a trip planned to Ireland in March for my brother's wedding. I'll probably just take my OM2n and acouple of lenses to keep stuff to a minimum. Also got family holidays in Suffolk in february and the West Coast of Scotland in August coming up.

Rob

DaveP
21st January 2011, 07:59 PM
Hopefully sardinia this year. Will be taking 645 or 4x5/6x17 depending on how the baggage situation pans out.

OK I spoke too soon, this is probably off the cards now due to work. Damn I'm still holding out for Scotland though, but the wife doesn't think it counts as abroad.:rolleyes:

Alaska Ivan
29th April 2011, 04:41 AM
off to shanghai in less than two days. i need info on film/camera equipment rental stores.

woo hoo.