PDA

View Full Version : Silverprint Minimum No More!

Martin Reed
31st January 2011, 07:34 PM
Pleased to announce the £25 minimum order quantity we've had for Silverprint orders has been axed as of now.

It was well overdue to go, and was originally instigated about 20 years ago when we were a much smaller setup. We found at the time we were getting swamped with small orders, which in pre-computerised days was clogging the works up. Not really relevant any more.

Mike O'Pray
31st January 2011, 07:56 PM
That's great news Martin. I am stating the obvious of course but I am sure it inhibited sales of small items such as say 3-5 films only when the customer had to ensure that he/she spent the min of £25

I'll certainly help cushion the price rises.

Mike

TonyMiller
31st January 2011, 08:01 PM
Agree - it is good news. I've been put off more than once trying to make an order up to £25 - now I'll probably end up spending over that no problem!!!

vincent
31st January 2011, 08:14 PM
Pleased to announce the £25 minimum order quantity we've had for Silverprint orders has been axed as of now.

It was well overdue to go, and was originally instigated about 20 years ago when we were a much smaller setup. We found at the time we were getting swamped with small orders, which in pre-computerised days was clogging the works up. Not really relevant any more.

That's good news Martin but does that apply to goods to Ireland as well. It used to be £100 min.?

Richard Gould
31st January 2011, 09:44 PM
That is good news indeed, the £25 min order has put me off ordering for a long time,often I would want just a few films,Well done,Martin,Richard

Graeme
31st January 2011, 10:16 PM
I'm pleased about this, but must say as a postal customer the nil postage charge on orders over £100 is a real incentive.

Tom Kershaw
1st February 2011, 01:13 AM
I never seem to have a problem getting over Silverprint's £100 "free" shipping level...

Tom

Trevor Crone
1st February 2011, 08:59 AM
Now that I've turned 60 (ouch :() and have a Freedom travel pass I enjoy my free travel trips to Silverprint - the trouble is Martin has such a fantastic display of products it is difficult to leave the premises with just what I went in for;)

PaulG
1st February 2011, 09:29 AM
I never seem to have a problem getting over Silverprint's £100 "free" shipping level...

That's a "problem" I don't seem to have suffered from either. :D

AmericanMrs
1st February 2011, 10:01 AM
Good news indeed! Not the first time I have used another company because I only wanted a few items.

wojtek
1st February 2011, 03:06 PM
Good news. Any plans on introducing free shipping or cheaper shipping option as well? I consider the shipping charges to be slightly out of the blue when all I want to buy is just a bottle of developer or so...

Also, please update the FAQ, as it still holds the £25 limit ;)

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/contact.asp#faq

Cheers, Wojtek

Richard Gould
1st February 2011, 03:40 PM
Good news. Any plans on introducing free shipping or cheaper shipping option as well? I consider the shipping charges to be slightly out of the blue when all I want to buy is just a bottle of developer or so..

Cheers, Wojtek

That would be the only gripe, if,say, you wanted a few rolls of film, then to pay the same shipping price as,say, for some boxes of paper etc is a lot so if a smaller charge for lightweight packs, as other suppliers do, then it would be perfect,Richard