PDA

View Full Version : Remember Kentmere Fineprint?

Martin Reed
1st February 2011, 02:20 PM
As a box of Ilford Multigrade FB is now hitting the highspots, eg a box of 50 sheets 12x16" is not very far under £100, thought it might be time to do a reminder about the other Harman paper, 'Fineprint', where a box of 12x16" is only £55, & that's including the increase.
We've done an offer on the 4 main sizes at Silverprint.

Steve O
1st February 2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the information Martin, irrespective of price I actually prefer the look of Fineprint in gloss finish, it also tones very well in selenium.

I do miss Fineprint warmtone though, especially for lith printing although Fomabrom Variant 123 has an almost identical base.

Steve

Dave miller
1st February 2011, 05:07 PM
Kentmere Fineprint is my favourite paper, Has anyone done a comparison between it and the Ilford version?

This offer is certainly very good value and should provide many of us with a cushion against the recent increases.

Rob Archer
2nd February 2011, 07:39 PM
It's one of my favourite papers, too. I find the 'finegrain' surface in particular gives lovely, well separated highlights.

Rob

Richard Gould
2nd February 2011, 08:13 PM
It was also one of my personal favorite papers, I loved the warmtone finegrain surface, at one time I printed almost exclusively on the warmtone paper, sadly no more,Richard