PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Policy changes

Matt5791
2nd February 2011, 05:53 PM
Couple of changes to our delivery policy which I thought I would post here in order to get the word out.

The threshold for free delivery is moving from £100 to £130. We have thought long and hard about this! We continue to maintain some of the most competitive prices in the marketplace and it was becoming difficult to do both this and the free delivery at £100 - which is in reality only £83 when you exclude the VAT. We analysed more closely our customer buying trends: the existance of our competitive lightweight delivery band and our competitive prices means that only around 10% of sales are of a value between £100 and £130. Most are either more than £130 or less than £100.

Therefore on balance, given the choice of keeping the threshold at £100 and increasing some of our prices, or increasing the threshold and maintining the prices - we know which would be the most popular decision!

The second change is that we are now in a position to move our cut off for next day delivery forward: The cut of is now 2pm. All orders received before this time will be dispatched for next day delivery ("normally" next day for lightweight delivery band as this is Royal Mail first class) provided all items are in stock.

I would also stress that we can dispatch with parcelforce on guaranteed next day delivery up until 5.30pm - customers who urgently requires something at the last minute should call us as we can normally slip items in at no additional cost and sort you out!

Matt.

Mike O'Pray
2nd February 2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks Matt. I suppose that something had to give. Nice that you can deliver next day up to a 2:00pm that day order deadline, especially if the order is substantial and not just a couple of small items like films.

Mike

Richard Gould
2nd February 2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for posting,Matt, For myself I would rather have your lower prices than £100 free delivery,Richard