PDA

View Full Version : Hello from 200 km SW of London ...

lee l
17th December 2008, 01:59 PM
:confused:
London, Ontario that is.

I grew up on the north edge of Galveston Bay and live now near the southern shore of Lake Erie, with several stops between; northeast Texas, Kathmandu, Minnesota, Bonn, the Appalachians in southwest Virginia, central California, and the suburbs of Washington, DC.

I started photography with a 127 camera in 1961, and have since diversified. I've worked in commercial and advertising studios and done custom B&W printing, but have been at home as primary care for two boys since 1991. I shoot whatever film and format I have that is appropriate to the subject and approach I want to take, and I like to change things up and try new approaches and materials.

Lee

Trevor Crone
17th December 2008, 03:54 PM
Hello Lee and welcome. So pleased you found us; this little community is getting bigger by the day:).

Les McLean
17th December 2008, 05:03 PM
Welcome to FADU Lee, I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly and informative place.

B&W Neil
17th December 2008, 05:15 PM
:confused:
London, Ontario that is.

I grew up on the north edge of Galveston Bay and live now near the southern shore of Lake Erie, with several stops between; northeast Texas, Kathmandu, Minnesota, Bonn, the Appalachians in southwest Virginia, central California, and the suburbs of Washington, DC.

I started photography with a 127 camera in 1961, and have since diversified. I've worked in commercial and advertising studios and done custom B&W printing, but have been at home as primary care for two boys since 1991. I shoot whatever film and format I have that is appropriate to the subject and approach I want to take, and I like to change things up and try new approaches and materials.

Lee

Hi Lee, welcome to FADU and long may you remain enjoying yourself :)

Neil.

Mike O'Pray
17th December 2008, 05:21 PM
Hi Lee. Ah another west country lad( U.K. West Country) I thought until I saw Ontario. I think I'd have kept a home in Texas as well for winter migration. From what I hear, Ontario winters are nearly as bad as Northumberland Springs in the U.K. as several here will testify.

Few over here can survive them. The odd huskie, polar bear and Les McLean somehow manage it:D

Mike

Dave miller
17th December 2008, 05:31 PM
You are very welcome, make yourself at home.

Barry
17th December 2008, 06:43 PM
Welcome Lee, nice to have you here.

Bob
17th December 2008, 07:58 PM
Ah, for a minute there I though you lived in the middle of the English Channel. There goes all my jokes about sleeping with the fishes and wet-plate photography... ;)

Welcome aboard!

Bill
17th December 2008, 08:32 PM
Hi Lee and Welcome.

Bill

lee l
18th December 2008, 04:03 AM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to the shared expertise and exchanges with the friendly folks here.

Lee

Mark Burley
19th December 2008, 12:20 AM
Hi Lee, Hope you enjoy the company...

Andrew Bartram
19th December 2008, 08:52 AM
Lee

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

A very warm welcome to you

Andrew

Peter Hogan
19th December 2008, 10:42 AM
Welcome Lee, always nice to see people from distant lands...