PDA

View Full Version : Rollei Bay 1 Lens Hood

KeithM
11th April 2011, 07:52 AM
I am trying to find a Rollei Bay 1 lens hood for my Rolleicord Vb. Made the mistake of buying a pattern hood from eBay, only to find it fits into the inner lugs of the lens and thus precludes the simultaneous use of a filter. Genuine Rollei ones that engage with the outer lugs, seem to be in short supply.

Paulographic
11th April 2011, 08:12 AM
Try The Real Camera Company in Manchester.(Google or ebay search) who have all sorts of old things. They're a camera fair in a a shop.
Or any camera fair you can get to or contact the dealers direct.

http://www.apc4me.co.uk/camera/

The chap who organises these fairs, Mike Haunch, may be able to put you in touch.

Photax made them, I have one for my Microcord which is Rollei B1 fitting but upside down.
Yashica TLRs had the same fitting but equally hard to find, never been able to track down a lens cap.

Paul

Richard Gould
11th April 2011, 09:41 AM
Try collectablecameras.comhe often has Rollei stuff, and even if not listed it is sometimes worth a call as Simon has a lot of small stuff hidden away,

Richard

Paulographic
11th April 2011, 10:33 AM
Try collectablecameras.comhe often has Rollei stuff, and even if not listed it is sometimes worth a call as Simon has a lot of small stuff hidden away,

Richard

I agree, someone I've bought off in the past.

KeithM
11th April 2011, 11:37 AM
Thank you all for the replies. Have just spoken with Collectable Cameras and a genuine Rollei Bay 1 lens hood in "good, used" condition, plus case will be on it's way to be tomorrow. :)

Thanks, again.

Richard Gould
11th April 2011, 01:02 PM
Thank you all for the replies. Have just spoken with Collectable Cameras and a genuine Rollei Bay 1 lens hood in "good, used" condition, plus case will be on it's way to be tomorrow. :)

Thanks, again.

The case is handy as, if it is the same as the one I got with my lens hood from Simon, you can carry a couple of filters in it as well,
Richard:)

KeithM
11th April 2011, 01:46 PM
The case is handy as, if it is the same as the one I got with my lens hood from Simon, you can carry a couple of filters in it as well,
Richard:)

Indeed, Simon said the case can take a couple of filters. Very useful, but on the other hand the couple of genuine Rollei Bay 1 filters I bought from Peter Loy (http://www.peterloy.com/) last week each came with their own delightful little leather cases which match with my Rolleicord's leather case.

Speaking of filters, I find it a shame the the Rollei's black plastic lens cap does not fit when a filter is in use.