PDA

View Full Version : FS: Bargain Linhof Super Rollex 56x72mm back (i.e. 6x7)

DaveP
18th April 2011, 08:29 PM
(This is also posted on the LF forum, apologies to anyone who's already seen this)

Having just managed to finish off the roll of film I started in this back over a year ago I suppose I should part company with this. Don't know if there's a market for 6x7 backs on here but still.....

Its a relatively recent Linhof 6x7 back for 4x5 cameras in well used condition. As you can see its had an eventful life so far, a fair bit of use, some paint loss, some knocks, darkslide has a few dings in it (not by me I might add!). However its all 100% working and fully sound - these things are built to take a beating, you can knock nails in with this. Totally light-tight, the darkslide does its job fine, winding is OK, everything works great, I've had no problems with this. I've used Horseman, Wista and Linhof backs of the past few years and this knocks the other two into a cocked hat, much better build quality, single-stroke winding, huge film roller for flatness and a generous frame size (72mm long as opposed to the usual 68mm).

I've no idea what a fair price for this is. Remarkably they cost over £1000 new (http://www.linhofstudio.com/products/accessories/filmbacks.html) (I kid you not). Hows about £80 plus postage? Thats a 93% saving on the new price! :shock: Or make me an offer.

(Its a longshot but I would accept a trade if anyone has a set of those tophat extension tube sets they no longer want.)

DaveP
20th April 2011, 09:17 PM
Sold!