PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 31

Tony Marlow
16th May 2011, 03:20 PM
It’s time to time to think about Round 31. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 31st May 2011. Latest date for sending your print is 30th June 2011. I am only looking for one print in a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no one needs to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony

Dave miller
16th May 2011, 06:45 PM
Yes please Tony.

Steve O
16th May 2011, 06:59 PM
Me too please Tony

Steve

Richard Gould
16th May 2011, 07:00 PM
Think will give it a go,
Richard

Bill
17th May 2011, 06:40 PM
I'm in again please Tony

Bill

vincent
17th May 2011, 07:31 PM
Count me in as well Tony.
Thanks

StanW
17th May 2011, 09:32 PM
I thought I'd sent this. The albatross says it's ok for me to be in once again.

Tony Marlow
18th May 2011, 03:47 PM
It looks like you are well and truely "under the wing" down there Stan.

Tony

ChrisN
19th May 2011, 04:16 AM
Yes please Tony; thanks again.

Domingo
19th May 2011, 06:53 PM
Please, count on me.

It will be my first time, so please be gentle with me...

MartinWaller
20th May 2011, 01:29 PM
I'd like to take part

Martin

BobRob
24th May 2011, 10:57 PM
yes please Tony

Bob robertson.

B&W Neil
26th May 2011, 10:07 AM
Yes please, Tony.

Neil.

MartyNL
26th May 2011, 10:28 PM
Include me in this round as well, please, Tony.

youngrichard
27th May 2011, 06:16 PM
Why not?
Richard

VickiB
28th May 2011, 05:49 PM
I missed the last couple, but I think I'll give it another go this month!

Tony Marlow
28th May 2011, 06:37 PM
The list for Print Exchange Round 31 will close Wednesday morning. All those wishing to join and have not yet done so please let me know before then. Those who have already joined are listed below.

Richard Gould
Steve O
Dave
Bill
vincent
StanW
ChrisN
Domingo
Martin Walker
BobRob
B&W Neil
MartyNL
youngrichard
VickiB

If I have missed anyone please let me know.

topoxforddoc
30th May 2011, 02:02 PM
Tony,
Go on then.

Best wishes,
Charlie

Disderi
30th May 2011, 09:02 PM
Oh oH... is it too late? if not, please put me down.....:o

Tony Marlow
1st June 2011, 07:25 PM
The list for Print Exchange Round 31 is now closed. The list of those who have joined is below. If I have missed anyone please let me know immediately. PMs will go out in a few days.

Richard Gould
Steve O
Dave
Bill
vincent
StanW
ChrisN
Domingo
Martin Waller (Sorry Martin, I spelt your name wrong last post)
BobRob
B&W Neil
MartyNL
youngrichard
VickiB
topoxforddoc
Disderi

Tony

Disderi
1st June 2011, 07:35 PM
Thank´s..... :)

Tony Marlow
1st June 2011, 07:40 PM
No problem Rodrigo, you were within the time anyway and I can usually squeeze in anyone before I have sorted out the rota.

Tony

StanW
9th June 2011, 11:59 PM
My print will be albatrossed this afternoon.

Disderi
10th June 2011, 05:38 PM
Mine flew this morning to UK.......
:)

Richard Gould
13th June 2011, 09:18 AM
Just got back from posting my print,
Richard

MartinWaller
13th June 2011, 12:44 PM
Just sent my print off

youngrichard
13th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Gone.
Richard

topoxforddoc
14th June 2011, 07:38 PM
Thank´s..... :)

Rodrigo,

Received safely today. Thank you very much. It's a beautiful print of an old disused fabric loom in Spain. Lovely light coming through the window and deep lush tones. Beautiful study.

Best wishes,

Charlie

Bill
14th June 2011, 08:01 PM
Gone.
Richard

Delivered.

Arrived this morning, a print taken on a Turkish sailing holiday showing a fisherman in his boat with snow capped mountains in the background.

Thanks Richard.

Bill

BobRob
15th June 2011, 09:11 AM
my print arrived this morning
from Richard Gould..a delightfull coastal shot taken on his
Rollieflex using fomapan 400.

super picrtuere thanks Richard.

Bob Robertson.

Domingo
17th June 2011, 12:49 PM
Done.

My print is doing its walk from the south east of Spain to England. I guess it should take from 7 to 10 days to arrive.

I'm a little worried because the destination mail address is, maybe, a little complicated. We'll see...

Richard Gould
17th June 2011, 05:16 PM
Print received today from StanW, a lovely portrait of a young Gypsy Girl, Thanks Stan,
Richard

Disderi
17th June 2011, 05:34 PM
Rodrigo,

Received safely today. Thank you very much. It's a beautiful print of an old disused fabric loom in Spain. Lovely light coming through the window and deep lush tones. Beautiful study.

Best wishes,

Charlie

Thank you very much......:):):):):)

Disderi
17th June 2011, 05:35 PM
Done.

My print is doing its walk from the south east of Spain to England. I guess it should take from 7 to 10 days to arrive.

I'm a little worried because the destination mail address is, maybe, a little complicated. We'll see...

Dom¡ngoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
no te había visto.............:):):):):):):):):):):)
Un spanish más............................:cool:
:):):):):):):)

Domingo
17th June 2011, 06:44 PM
Hola Rodrigo, ¿cómo estás?

I'm sure FADU members don't know that point, but Rodrigo (Disderi here) developed and printed my firsts 120 Kodak TMax 100 rolls exposed with my new Agfa Isolette III (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4685345726_45ff8691d5_b.jpg). That was... one year ago.

It's a real pleasure to talk with him, fantastic man.

Disderi
17th June 2011, 09:16 PM
Hola Rodrigo, ¿cómo estás?

I'm sure FADU members don't know that point, but Rodrigo (Disderi here) developed and printed my firsts 120 Kodak TMax 100 rolls exposed with my new Agfa Isolette III (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4685345726_45ff8691d5_b.jpg). That was... one year ago.

It's a real pleasure to talk with him, fantastic man.

Oh, my god........:o:o:o:o:o
:):):):):):):)

ChrisN
18th June 2011, 02:03 AM
Posted my print today.

StanW
20th June 2011, 11:57 PM
A print from Martin Waller has just flown in, a delightful scene on a long-abandoned canal, with a pair of ducks enjoying the aquatic life.

Steve O
21st June 2011, 08:08 AM
Mine went in the post yesterday.

Steve

vincent
21st June 2011, 11:21 AM
I've just posted mine.

MartyNL
21st June 2011, 07:08 PM
Went in the post this afternoon.

topoxforddoc
21st June 2011, 07:21 PM
Winging its way on Midsummer's night!

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

Bill
22nd June 2011, 10:07 AM
My print is on its way.

Bill

vincent
22nd June 2011, 10:13 AM
Mine went in the post yesterday.

Steve

And arrived here this morning . It's a beautiful lith print on Kentmere fineprint warmtone paper, featuring a white sailboat shot against the backdrop of Boston city. From composition to final presentation this is a print to appreciate.
This is what makes the print exchange so exciting from postage to receiving your own print in turn.

Many thanks, Steve.

Steve O
22nd June 2011, 10:23 AM
It's a beautiful lith print on Kentmere fineprint warmtone paper, featuring a white sailboat shot against the backdrop of Boston city. From composition to final presentation this is a print to appreciate.

Thanks for the kind comments Vincent.

Steve

Dave miller
23rd June 2011, 01:52 PM
Done.

The address was written very well. :)
An excellent print that illustrates the problem of climate change that is effecting the south east of Spain. We are suffering from the lack of rain here in the east of England, but not to the same extent.

VickiB
23rd June 2011, 02:29 PM
I mailed my print yesterday afternoon.

Domingo
23rd June 2011, 07:46 PM
The address was written very well. :)
An excellent print that illustrates the problem of climate change that is effecting the south east of Spain
[...]

Thanks very much, Dave. I'm so happy you're enjoying the print...

B&W Neil
24th June 2011, 12:40 PM
Winging its way on Midsummer's night!

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

I have been away making images in the Hartland area for a few days and arrived home last night with a super image awaiting for me from topoxforddoc (Charlie).

The image is of the well-known Blues Guitarist / Songwriter James Hunter. It has been beautifully made and printed with a powerful theme of a ‘frame’ being used to isolate the subjects head. The image was made on location and pushing the film speed was used to capture the atmosphere of a live stage performance. The overall effect is quite stunning and Charlie explains he is aiming to have a collection of 60 to 80 themed portraits that include using a frame, to complete his work in this series.

Many thanks Charlie for a very original piece of work and I wish you all the best with the remainder of this project.

Neil.

topoxforddoc
24th June 2011, 05:48 PM
I have been away making images in the Hartland area for a few days and arrived home last night with a super image awaiting for me from topoxforddoc (Charlie).

The image is of the well-known Blues Guitarist / Songwriter James Hunter. It has been beautifully made and printed with a powerful theme of a ‘frame’ being used to isolate the subjects head. The image was made on location and pushing the film speed was used to capture the atmosphere of a live stage performance. The overall effect is quite stunning and Charlie explains he is aiming to have a collection of 60 to 80 themed portraits that include using a frame, to complete his work in this series.

Many thanks Charlie for a very original piece of work and I wish you all the best with the remainder of this project.

Neil.

Dear Neil,

Thank you. i'm glad you like it. It's one of my three minute portrait series called 'in the Frame' of famous people who visit Cheltenham for the various Festivals. I've photographed 30 people so far and hope to get 60-80 so that I can put on a show possibly with a book. Some are shot on silver and some on digital (although I may get my chosen files burnt to film so that I can do proper silver gelatin prints).

I plan to make a 20x16 of this print and submit this to the Taylor Wessing Prize at the National Portrait Gallery. I already have James Hunter's verbal permission to submit the print - no chance of a formal model release when you take the shot ten minutes before doors open for his gig. I must say he was great fun and enjoyed it immensely. Sadly as I don't have a formal model release, I shan't be submitting it to FADU 2011 for perfectly understandable reasons.

Best wishes,

Charlie
www.charlie-chan.co.uk

Domingo
24th June 2011, 06:09 PM
Received today a fantastic -in the wide sense of the word- and soulful print from Vincent Brady. Thank you very much, Vincent.

I can see a fallen tree in the middle of the woods; I can feel how hundreds of trees show their respect to the dead king, all the scene involved in a dramatic atmosphere.

Great.

Steve O
25th June 2011, 05:59 PM
Received my print today from ChrisN, a superb depiction of the 'Seated lady' statue in Canberra. I particularly like the out of focus background that separates the main subject and also the careful printing that works surprisingly well on the glossy resin coated paper.

Steve

Dave miller
25th June 2011, 06:34 PM
Mine's now in the post.

MartyNL
25th June 2011, 09:24 PM
My print is on its way.

Bill

A moody shot of Furness Abbey, heightened by the use of Ilford SFX.

A place I'd like to get to, one day.

Thanks Bill.

B&W Neil
27th June 2011, 01:52 PM
My print was posted today.

Neil.

Disderi
27th June 2011, 07:35 PM
I´ve received today a beautiful print of Vicki Bozzola, it is a image of a tomb in a historical cemetery named Cross Creek established in 1785 that contains a few graves of soldiers fallen in the American Civil War. A very interesting picture about it.
Thank you very much.
:)

ChrisN
30th June 2011, 01:14 AM
I've just received an excellent print from MartyNL, showing a rustic footbridge over a stream at the northern end of the island of Streymoy. I had to do a google-earth search to find out where that is - so I've learned something today!

I'll leave Marty to fill in the technical details in the gallery. Thanks Marty - I love this sort of scenery and would certainly love to join you in a return trip there. Little chance of that unfortunately!

youngrichard
30th June 2011, 09:52 PM
Just received, thank you very much, a print from Dave which he calls "a work in progress". Well so is my reply as I am trying to go on holiday shortly and the picture is infra-red which always slightly me throws me so forgive me Dave if I take another few days to come up with constuctive comment on return from hols I am just too up to the eyebrows to make constructive comment. Which is not to say I don't like it, it has an amazing cobwebby look. Keep tuned.
Richard

VickiB
8th July 2011, 07:09 PM
This afternoon I received from Neil Souch the lovely image I have been admiring on the gallery. Please see my comments there.