PDA

View Full Version : Help in finding Italian photographer

FilmAyrshire
10th July 2011, 04:26 PM
Friends,

I have just returned from a very short break at Lake Garda, Italy. One of our excursions took us Malcesine in the north of Lake Garda where we found a fine art photographer who had the most amazing portfolio of prints. He only used film, mainly black and white, and all variables from 35mm to 10x8 and everything in between. I spent 15 minutes discussing his art and then had to run for our ferry, forgetting to note his name or web site :slap:. His shop is located close to the castle for anyone who knows Malcesine.

Truly beautiful images, exquisitely printed and well beyond my abilities made feel happy and depressed as we sailed back down the lake. I have tried the Google without success so fall back on anyone out there who may know whom I am seeking?

Many thanks,

ft

mono
10th July 2011, 04:43 PM
If Google was nŽt successful youŽll have to spend another holidays there if this is so important to you ;-)
Or write to the Tourist information...

davkt
10th July 2011, 09:46 PM
http://www.fototoninelli.it/

Google comes up with that and certainly some rather good B&W on the website!

FilmAyrshire
11th July 2011, 09:23 AM
Davkt,

Thanks for the reply but this relates to a photographer who lived in Malcesine many years ago. It is strange there is no listing for the studio/shop we visited and if only we didn't have to rush for the boat I am sure I would have boughts some of his prints.

Thanks again for your help.

ft

Neil Smith
11th July 2011, 12:23 PM
Have you considered that the photographer Davkt linked to may know the other guy if he lives in the same region? might be worth emailing to ask.

Neil

franco vr
11th July 2011, 01:42 PM
Hi, I live in Verona that is not so far from Malcesine (around 65 km).
I don't know this artist, but probably I have to go near Malcesine next Saturday and I can check. Has he a shop or a small gallery? Is it in the old part of the village?

Franco

FilmAyrshire
11th July 2011, 04:11 PM
Franco,

Thank you very much. He has a small shop/gallery very close to the main entrance ramp to the castle in the old town. There was a large black and white dog lying sleeping in the doorway of shop next door if that helps ;).

His work was simply amazing, I have never seen black and white prints like that before.

I really appreciate you going out of your way like this. Many thanks.

Kind regards,

ft

franco vr
18th July 2011, 07:31 AM
ft,
Luciano Bonacini is the name of the photographer that you met in Malcesine. Unfortunatly I saw the sleeping dog, but not Mr. Bonacini. I have shortly talked with his wife. Luciano Bonacini lives in Reggio Emilia (a small town near Bologna), but in summer he moves to Malcesine, place that he loves a lot.
I agree with you that the quality of his prints is impressive.
A small gallery of his photos is available at www.lucianobonacini.com
ciao
Franco

FilmAyrshire
18th July 2011, 04:49 PM
Franco,

Thank you so much, I have sent you a PM in reply.

I am glad you were impressed with his pictures too.

Grazie mille!

ft