PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Photographic books

cliveh
19th July 2011, 09:35 PM
What is the most memorable photographic book you have ever come across? For me it was about 20 years ago, finding a coffee table book, about A2 size or bigger on Atget. I came across a similar book at the Tate Modern some years later, but it seemed smaller. I sometimes show Atget projected and when you see his images at massive scale they are mind blowing.

Trevor Crone
20th July 2011, 06:58 AM
I don't have an absolute favourite, but 'Life Work' (http://store.michaelandpaula.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=34), the photography of Edward Weston, is certainly 'up-there' amongst my favourites. The sheer quality of reproductions is as close as one will come to a Weston original.

Mark-NY
20th July 2011, 11:15 AM
"The Contaflex Way" was great reading for a 13 year old school boy as I remember -- pretty much taught me everything I have needed to know about the camera side of film photography. Everything since has really been just the finer details.

dsallen
20th July 2011, 11:23 AM
Lee Friedlander's first monograph changed my thinking about photography.

JohnPearce
20th July 2011, 05:14 PM
Listen to the Trees by John Sexton. Trevor Crone recommended this book to me some years ago and I've been photographing trees ever since.

DougHowk
20th July 2011, 11:37 PM
George Tice, Paterson II. Beautiful reproductions by Salto. But, primarily, it has challenged me to concentrate on the area I live rather than looking for exotic locations. Afterall, its easy to get a great shot if the location is great.

Trevor Crone
21st July 2011, 06:53 AM
Listen to the Trees by John Sexton. Trevor Crone recommended this book to me some years ago and I've been photographing trees ever since.

Hi John and welcome to the fold. Do introduce yourself when you get a mo:)