PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Peter Hogan!

mono
21st July 2011, 09:56 AM
On Monday I ordered some chemistry from him, especially his new Alkali Stop, just want to try it out. He sent it on Tuesday and I just received it today, Thursday!

A very quick delivery from UK to Germany!

I hope I am allowed to express my thanks to him here in this forum! And to DHL, not at all the usual snail mail ;-)

Otherwise this post may be deleted by the moderators...

Mike O'Pray
21st July 2011, 10:08 AM
I think we have picked our friends well on FADU. I have always had good service from Peter as well but Tuesday to Thursday order to delivery from the U.K to Germany is as good as it would have been within the U.K.

Always nice to know of good service.

Mike

cliveh
21st July 2011, 06:52 PM
On Monday I ordered some chemistry from him, especially his new Alkali Stop, just want to try it out. He sent it on Tuesday and I just received it today, Thursday!

I hope I am allowed to express my thanks to him here in this forum! And to DHL, not at all the usual snail mail ;-)

Forgive my ignorance, but why would you want to use an alkali stop bath?

Jon Butler
21st July 2011, 06:59 PM
Less washing with FB paper but most like if for Pyro to protect the stain.
J.

MartyNL
21st July 2011, 08:09 PM

Good news.

Let us know how you get on, I'm very curious about giving the stuff a go myself.

By the way, which film, format and processing method do you have in mind?

mono
21st July 2011, 08:32 PM
Peter himself, but also the Film Developing Cookbook recommend an "All Alkaline Development" for films (especially with staining developers, but also with all other developers) and prints. To save water and time and there is no need of HCA.

And thatīs interesting for me and Iīll give it a try with all films, papers and formats I use.
I know it sounds a bit strange but I see some advantage as mentioned above.

Dave miller
22nd July 2011, 06:45 AM

I'm not sure why you would think that this should be deleted? Plugs for good service are always of interest, and Peter does a great range of products that many of us use. :)

Jon Butler
22nd July 2011, 07:12 AM
Having had a hiccup recently with Pyrocat I ordered 500ml of Prescysol 'EF' from Peter, it arrived next day. Magic developer.
J.

mono
22nd July 2011, 07:20 AM
Dave, I thought perhaps it might look like flattering...
But I really mean it!