PDA

View Full Version : A day in Norfolk

Rob Archer
27th July 2011, 07:48 PM
I'm arranging another meet-up of film users on the North Norfolk coast on Friday 30th September. We'll meet at Thornham Harbour at 10am for a morning's photography, followed by lunch at the nearby Lifeboat Inn. No booking required, but if there's likely to be a lot of us it may be worth me booking a table at the pub, so let me know if you're interested.

Rob

paulc
28th July 2011, 12:49 AM
Depending on work (and bus timetables), I may well be able to join in. Any idea when high tide is ?
Would like to photograph the disappearing cars as the carpark becomes submerged :eek:

Dave miller
28th July 2011, 06:15 AM
I hope it goes well and you get plenty of support, but unfortunately I won't be able to get there as I shall be dismantling the exhibition.

photomi7ch
28th July 2011, 06:12 PM
Pencil me in Rob. I hope as the time draws near that I'm still able to go made a note on the calender so I do not double book myself :o

JohnPearce
5th September 2011, 07:34 PM
I very much hope to be there. Not familiar with this part of the coastline, spending most of time around Blackeney and Cley. Will bring the camper ...any good campsites within easy reach? PM for details please.

Rob Archer
10th September 2011, 05:46 PM
Just though I'd push this one up a bit. The tide should be high at about 08:30 am, so will be ebbing through the day. The mud should be nice and shiny!

Rob

Andrew Bartram
11th September 2011, 09:48 AM
Rob, love to join you but just out of hospital following retinal eye surgery. Have a great day.

photomi7ch
18th September 2011, 01:51 PM
Hi Rob do you a post code for that area?

Rob Archer
19th September 2011, 07:14 PM
Hi Rob do you a post code for that area?

PE36 6LT It's just off the A149 coast road between Hunstanton and Wells-next-the-sea. If you're coming from the Kings Lynn Direction follow the signs for The Lifeboat Inn. You can park there or in the little car park nearer the water - but beware of high tides if you plan on staying into the evening!

The pub website is worth a look and has a map: http://www.maypolehotels.com/lifeboatinn/index.html

Rob

RichardWarom
21st September 2011, 05:00 AM
Hi Rob
I'd like to join you, I haven't had a Norfolk fix for some time.
Richard

paulc
21st September 2011, 03:58 PM
Looks like I've been volunteered for Thursday and Friday shifts - If I can wriggle out of Friday's duties, I might be able to make it...

photomi7ch
21st September 2011, 05:44 PM
PE36 6LT It's just off the A149 coast road between Hunstanton and Wells-next-the-sea. If you're coming from the Kings Lynn Direction follow the signs for The Lifeboat Inn. You can park there or in the little car park nearer the water - but beware of high tides if you plan on staying into the evening!

The pub website is worth a look and has a map: http://www.maypolehotels.com/lifeboatinn/index.html

Rob

Thanks Rob. I have had a look. I think I may have driven passed it before on my way to Hunstanton some years back.

Rob Archer
30th September 2011, 08:53 PM
Well, the Norfolk day out's come and gone and a good time (I believe) was had by all 5 of us. It was a little muddy and slippery underfoot as the whole area had been under the spring tide just before we got there but as far as I know we all stayed upright. The enigmatic tree stumps and wrecked boats kept us occupied until lunch time. The sky was a bit uncooperative despite an offer by the pub waitress to produce some clouds! Any deficiencies in the lighting were compensated for by the food and beer at the Lifeboat, followed by a few prints from PaulC and myself. Thanks to everyone who cam and made the day a success, and comiserations to those couldn't make it.

I'm going to arrange another one in February - so watch this space if you missed out this time.

RichardWarom
1st October 2011, 05:34 AM
Many thanks to Rob for organising the trip, it was really good to meet others and spend time doing and talking about something we all love. A great time thoroughly enjoyed and if work etc allows I will definitely partake again.
Richard

paulc
1st October 2011, 05:23 PM
Many thanks to Rob for organising the trip, it was really good to meet others and spend time doing and talking about something we all love.

I'd also like to repeat the thanks. It was a very long day for me having come straight from work on the first available bus. Maybe next time, I'll stay overnight in the locale in order to catch the mist and clouds rolling in at dawn.

photomi7ch
2nd October 2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks Rob for arranging the meet. I enjoyed meeting all of you and chatting about photography something Ive not done in along time.
Also enjoyed looking at Robs and Pauls selection of photographs and quizzing them about papers and development. Must do better with your answers :D:D Would like to do again work permitting.

Jacqueline would like to say thanks for including her in boys day out and enjoyed meet you all. Would like to see some of your pictures when printed.