PDA

View Full Version : Off to Prague

paddy
17th August 2011, 07:21 PM
Im off to Prague for 4 days on the 26th of sept :D
Staying about half a mile away from the charles bridge near the old part.
I will be traveling light (with girlfriend), so i will be taking a nikon fm3a or fe2 with 28mm and 50mm nikon mf lenses and 2 reels of tri x (street shots), also a modded holga (holgamods) with 2 reels of fp4+ for architechture and other stuff.
Going to see if i can get some fomabrom 123 cheaper than here :p
paddy

Leo Stehlik
17th August 2011, 07:46 PM
good luck ... local folks in Prague tend to buy cheapest Foma paper from a distributor in Germany.
There's a good second-hand camera shop in Vodickova, commonly known as "U Pazdery" (named by its owner, Mr. Pazdera). Just opposite across the street from there, you'll find a shop called Foto Skoda (www.fotoskoda.cz) - nothing to do with the car producer, they try to become the Prague's version of Silverprint (though they are nowhere near as good as Silverprint ...)

I should be in Prague on 25th and (maybe) on 26th before I disappear back home to Orpington for couple of weeks ... let me know if you'd like to meet up in a pub somewhere near Old Town Square, ... and /or PM me for some more details ... :)

photomi7ch
18th August 2011, 02:23 PM
Have a great time, it is a wonderful place to take pictures.

Rob Archer
27th August 2011, 09:21 PM
If you get a chance, try to explore some of the smaller towns around Prague. I particularly liked Tabor, about an hour's train ride south.

Rob