PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Viewfinders

JamesK
26th August 2011, 09:08 PM
Struggling against a heavy cold and the rain, I managed to get out with my old Ensign Selfix today (see my post re. colour film in old cameras), only to find out I couldn't see a thing through the little glass reflex finder. Not so much "point and shoot as "point and pray".

This is the only finder the camera has, so, no pictures taken.

Does anyone know of any accessory viewfinders, i.e. the pop-up "sports" type finder to fit this camera, similar to the ones fitted to other Selfixes?

Thanks

JamesK

Xpres
27th August 2011, 10:43 AM
There are loads available, from the pop up type to the voigtlander 'Kontur' type. Does your Selfix have any way to attach an accessory? If not then velcro is a good way forward.
I favour the Kontur type as you can frame accurately with both eyes open. I've often used one of those russian turret finders on a folder. Of course it takes a little setting up as the view doesn't always coincide with what the camera sees.

JamesK
28th August 2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the help.

I'm waiting for a reply from I dealer to an enquiry I've made regarding an auxillary finder.

In the meantime, and in true Blue Peter style, I've calculated the required dimensions (with a bit of help from the internet) and made my own from an old slide mount, cardboard and sticky (actually gaffer) tape.

I've got some velcro in my "come in handy" box, so I'll have a go at sticking it on latter.

Dave miller
28th August 2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the help.

I'm waiting for a reply from I dealer to an enquiry I've made regarding an auxillary finder.

In the meantime, and in true Blue Peter style, I've calculated the required dimensions (with a bit of help from the internet) and made my own from an old slide mount, cardboard and sticky (actually gaffer) tape.

I've got some velcro in my "come in handy" box, so I'll have a go at sticking it on latter.

:D It will probably be as good as any you can buy.