PDA

View Full Version : Jobo CPP

Ed Moss
24th September 2011, 05:22 PM
Can only guess.....might sell mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOBO-CPP-2-CPP2-color-processor-equipment-LIFT-complete-2-Jobo-tanks-/270820031255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0e21bb17#ht_1854wt_1162

Dave miller
24th September 2011, 05:53 PM
No harm in asking, it will be interesting to see if anyone buys at that price.

Mike O'Pray
24th September 2011, 07:01 PM
Well you learn something everyday. I had no idea that the CPP2 has the ability to cool the water via a cold water solenoid. How does this work and how effectively? Presumably it has a refridgerating motor through which the water is passed?

Mike

Ed Moss
24th September 2011, 08:25 PM
Just has a cold inlet which you attach to the cold water tap, or tempered supply.

I don't have mine connected, getting too warm really isn't a problem in my darkroom.

Mike O'Pray
24th September 2011, 11:13 PM
Thanks. So not really a refridgerant at all. In fact in those climates( like say Arizona in summer) where the cold water inlet can be hotter than the room temp if there is AC, this cold inlet would be useless and short of using ice from a refridgerator for the water bath the CPP couldn't reduce water temp to that which most B&W film is best developed.

On the other hand C41 developing isn't likely to need any temp reduction even in the hottest climates.

Mike

RichardWarom
25th September 2011, 04:54 AM
I didnt realize I was sitting on a small gold pile,but I wouldn't sell mine as it's to good and yes it does very effectively keep the temp set by letting fresh cold water in via the solenoid. It is a shame that these processers aren't made anymore.
Richard:(

Neil Smith
26th September 2011, 09:58 AM
Went for over a £1000 so shows there is still a market out there for good equipment.

Neil

Roger Cole
26th September 2011, 03:28 PM
I have a CPE. If it broke tomorrow I'd buy a replacement, preferably a CPP or CPA in that order. The cold water inlet on the CPP is useless to me now as I am working in a darkroom without running water using a 7 gallon water can and holding bath and wouldn't be much use in summer as my current water temp is about 80F, BUT the CPP has a digital temperature controller that is more precise than the analog ones of the CPE and CPA. The latter are good enough once calibrated though,

I've run my standard black and white temp at 75F for years as its often just been too hard to reach 68 without using ice.

The big advantage of the larger CPA and CPP over the CPE is the ability to use the Expert drums for sheet film albeit used prices for those ate outrageous.

Jobo processors in general cost so much used because they ate worth it.

cesare
26th September 2011, 06:09 PM
My CPE is stashed in the loft, as it's been replaced with an ATL1000. I decided i'd have a proper go at E6 home processing and an automated processor was the way forward.

Mine is plumbed in via a thermostatic mixer and gives me the right temp for E6 and C41 processing. Processing either involves loading the film into the tank, attaching it to the processor, and filling the chemical tanks with the right amount of each step. You then set the process type and dev (push/pull stops and maybe a bit of compensation), switch on, and wait for it to complete the processing steps. All chemicals are single shot, and the used chemicals are separated from the rinse water.

B&W is more of a pain as this processor has no temp control for 20C. I basically fill it by hand with 20C water and run it from a pump for B&W processing. So it's automated, but takes a bit of effort to setup each time I want to do B&W. Once setup I can feed endless rolls of film through it with predictable results and very accurate timing.

Cesare

Roger Cole
26th September 2011, 11:06 PM
Granted if you have an ATL1000 the manual Jobos are primitive in comparison, but they are also less expensive, even the higher end ones. Plus they may be more versatile; I'm not sure how easy it is to reprogram an ATL if you want different times, steps etc?

20C is just too hard for me to reach most of the year. My room temperature solutions are never that cold, so I just stay with 24C. Even that can be hard to reach in summer, but there's nothing magic about 20C, it was just a standard for decades. No problem adjusting the time and using higher temperatures.

Ed Moss
27th September 2011, 07:21 AM
Went for over a £1000 so shows there is still a market out there for good equipment.

Neil

They have been going for £275-375 for the past 18 months or so.

Roger Cole
27th September 2011, 09:09 AM

Really? CPPs? That may be one item that's less expensive in the UK than the US then, at least if those include the lift as this one did.

borek
28th September 2011, 04:09 PM
In sunday, I am return back from US with Jobo CPP2 .My friend Ed give me this processor with plenty things for darkroom.Everything free,I am happy now.Thanks Ed again

numnutz
28th September 2011, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure how easy it is to reprogram an ATL if you want different times, steps etc?

Have a look here...

I found the page when I was researching for the possible purchase of an ATL1000

I don't know if it is a current web page and have no connection with the owners...

http://www.tk-imaging.de/ATL1000.html

nn :)

Martin Aislabie
28th September 2011, 04:39 PM

Are you sure ?

CPEs have been going for that sort of price but CPPs seemed to be going for significantly higher amounts (£700 ~ £850)

Even so, at £1100, this one did seem particularly expensive

I cannot understand E-Bay prices these days, some stuff goes for peanuts and other items for more than the cost of a new one :confused:

Martin :)

Ed Moss
28th September 2011, 05:20 PM
Yes.
I've recently bought 2 CPA's for loads less than the CPE stupid price on ebay...

Martin Aislabie
29th September 2011, 06:00 PM
Yes.
I've recently bought 2 CPA's for loads less than the CPE stupid price on ebay...

Nice one - got yourself a bargin - or two :D

Martin

Dave miller
29th September 2011, 06:16 PM
Yes.

Stupid for whom? :)