PDA

View Full Version : Pinched?

Dave miller
1st November 2011, 07:11 PM
This item (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ILFORD-PQ-UNIVERSAL-PAPER-DEVELOPER-5L-CHEMICAL-New-/190588595168?pt=UK_Photography_DarkroomSupplies_SM&hash=item2c5ff72be0) made me laugh. They seem to have pinched a competitors picture and then undercut them by several pounds.

Mike O'Pray
1st November 2011, 08:24 PM
Nice one, Dave. The seller might now be off Rodney Bates' Xmas card list this year. :D

Mike

JimW
1st November 2011, 08:42 PM
Some folk will nick anything....

paulc
1st November 2011, 10:01 PM
A photgraphic firm that can't do their own product shots - Kinda puts one off dealing with them..

DaveP
1st November 2011, 10:11 PM
Does seem weird that they nicked that image. I bought a tripod and head from them a few years back and they were fine to deal with - maybe they got some kid in on work experience doing the ebay listings?

vanannan
1st November 2011, 10:22 PM
As our fellow photographer Denis would say "silly billies"

Mike O'Pray
1st November 2011, 10:38 PM
Well they seem to have a fair range of camera bags and other things photographic as opposed to things "analogue photographic"

In terms of consumable items for analogue use I don't think our sponsors have much to worry about.

Mike

Les McLean
1st November 2011, 10:43 PM
Some folk will nick anything....

About 6 years ago I printed some swatches for Ilford and happened to be wasting time looking on Ebay when I came across a guy selling a couple of my images that we had used in making the swatches. I contacted him and asked where he had received permission to sell the prints. He was decent enough to say he did not have permission and removed the images.

Theres nowt so funny as folk:slap: