PDA

View Full Version : Spirits of Salts

B&W Neil
15th November 2011, 07:43 PM
Spirits of Salts

by: Randall Webb & Martin Reed

I have been looking for a copy of this book (which is a must have for anyone starting out or interested in alternative processes) for quite a while now. Silverprint and Amazon have it listed but they say it is out of stock and second hand copies are very hard to find.

I had almost given up on obtaining a copy when I noticed that one of our sponsors, Process Supplies, have Spirits of Salts listed and available! Needless to say I did a web order on the spot and the book was with me within two days – well done Process Supplies that’s very good service and at a good price too!

So if there is anyone out there who like me is looking for a copy of Spirits of Salts go to:

http://www.processuk.net/Books/cat740598_659677.aspx

and place your order – this book is really good.

Neil.

Trevor Crone
15th November 2011, 09:40 PM
I agree Neil, an excellent book, really wouldn't want to be without it.

B&W Neil
15th November 2011, 10:29 PM
Trevor,

That's good to hear.

I have been reading a few sections tonight and it is even better than I imagined. A lot of careful work and experience is there for such an affordable price.

Neil.

Dave miller
16th November 2011, 10:49 AM
I agree it is a well written and useful book.

Michael
16th November 2011, 09:57 PM
My copy came from FirstCall some years ago: I see it in their current catalogue at £20 and on their website at £25.

David Lingham
17th November 2011, 08:01 AM
I found one second hand through Amazon a few years ago. It's a great book.

Paulographic
17th November 2011, 05:36 PM
I saw this thread this morning and thought the booktitle sounded familiar.
Just a few minutes ago whilst looking for some evening reading I found a copy on my bookshelves. A spiral bound copy publication date 1999 bought some time back on my local fleamarket, from a dealer from whom last week I purchased a Ross Ensign 6x4.5.

Martin Reed
18th November 2011, 12:34 PM
Spirits of Salts
by: Randall Webb & Martin Reed....
I had almost given up on obtaining a copy when I noticed that one of our sponsors, Process Supplies, have Spirits of Salts listed and available! .....

Trouble is, they were getting SOS from our remaining stock & we're out now :-(
I'm talking to Randall about possibly making another print run, but he's not too well now so it's unlikely to be an updated version.

Dave miller
21st November 2011, 04:04 PM
Trouble is, they were getting SOS from our remaining stock & we're out now :-(
I'm talking to Randall about possibly making another print run, but he's not too well now so it's unlikely to be an updated version.

Sorry to read that Randall is unwell, please pass on our collective best wishes when next you speak to him.

dekan
9th December 2011, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Randell is not well, lets hope he returns to good health asap. IMO This probably the best all round alternative process book..Lots of real hands on information... but does not take the subject too seriously :)