PDA

View Full Version : Tetenal Eukobrom

Paulographic
27th January 2012, 09:21 AM
I hope I'm in the right place with this question.

I have a pack of Tetenal Eukobrom, part of a load of clearance items from a shop's closing down some years back. It's a two part powder so should be Ok.
However there is no instruction leaflet the outer pack merely says to make five litres of working solution. I'm wondering if anyone here has experience of this stuff. What concentration to make it up to and what dilutions to work with etc. Whether it's a warm or cool tone won't matter as either will suit the different negatives I have.
I'm currently doing a lot of printing and every drop of chemic will help.
(In the clearance stuff there was a few Tetenal film developers some of which I've passed on here and I remember the instruction leaflets being not easy to follow.)
Thanks
Paul

Dave miller
27th January 2012, 09:56 AM
I have never come across the powdered form of this developer, but assume that it is a cold tone developer as the existing liquid offering.
If the instructions say it makes 5lt of working solution then that is how it is intended to work, so concentration doesn't come into the equation. just mix and use. Being powder it will probably still be OK.

MarkWalker
27th January 2012, 10:15 AM
Hello Paul,
I use the current Eukobrom liquid solution and it is an excellent neutral to cool developer. Sorry not to answer with direct experience of the powder form, but a working strength solution usually means it is used at that strength, whereas a stock solution suggests that it needs further dilution: often 1:9. 5 litres of stock would suggest that the packets are quite large, maybe @ 1lb total weight. The best course may be to use it alongside another developer when you try it in a session (then you haven't wasted your time setting up).
I would say Eukobrom is a normal working developer in that images appear after 15 seconds or so. Presuming the formula is similar between liquid and powder it has a good shelf life kept cool and dark.

Regards, Mark Walker

Paulographic
27th January 2012, 12:12 PM
If I were to make up 5ltrs of working solution at once at the rate of a half litre per printing session (my usual quantity) at maybe four sessions a week the working strength dilution would go off long before I used it up. What I need is a stock solution as for Bromophen.
The two packs, part A and B between them weigh 400g including the plastic.
I would certainly have a test session with negatives I have done in Multigrade, my general print developer to ascertain the difference.
For some of the things I'm printing a cold tone would suit well.

Paulographic
27th January 2012, 03:21 PM
Having meditated upon this whilst in the dark today I may have a plan. As I remember Ilfords recommendation for Bromophen is 1:3 stock to working so I'll make the powder up to 1.25 litres at Ilfords temperature instructions as stock and take it from there. If too fast in the dish dilute further and if the powder won't fully develop add more warm water to get a less concentrated stock solution with a ratio of 1:2 or even 1:1.
As the cost of the chemic is dead money I haven't much to lose except some experimenting time.