PDA

View Full Version : Peterborough Exhibition

Dave miller
24th January 2009, 05:02 PM
I've just returned from viewing the East Midland Monochrome Group (http://www.emmgphoto.eclipse.co.uk)'s exhibition at Peterborough Museum (http://www.peterborough.gov.uk/page-10132) in Cambridgeshire. Whilst I must admit to a slight bias, because I am represented, I can honestly say it's one of the best I've seen for quite a while, and recommend a visit. It features 50 pictures by about 20 members of that group, and runs until the end of February. I would be interested in feed back from anyone visiting.

Mike O'Pray
24th January 2009, 11:17 PM
Dave, I won't rule out getting there all together but Daventry puts me a liitle far to the West of Peterborough. What other E Mids locations are planned for the EMMG exhibition? I enjoyed the last one at Dav library immensely as did the wife and that is an accolade indeed.

Mike

Dave miller
25th January 2009, 08:00 AM
Dave, I won't rule out getting there all together but Daventry puts me a liitle far to the West of Peterborough. What other E Mids locations are planned for the EMMG exhibition? I enjoyed the last one at Dav library immensely as did the wife and that is an accolade indeed.

Mike

Check out the EMMG website Mike, the venues are listed there, from a link at the bottom of their first page.

Mike O'Pray
25th January 2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks Dave. Hunsbury looks favourite in April.

Mike

Rob Archer
27th January 2009, 07:56 PM
Ive got to go into Peterborough tomorrow , so I'll have look. A couple of guys from my local camera club have been and were quite impressed. Incidentally I'll be there around 11 and in the Brewery Tap from around 12 if anyone here's around Petrborough tomorrrow.

Rob

Rob Archer
28th January 2009, 08:02 PM
A very impressive selection of prints. Most of them superb. It's a really good showcase for monochrome. I was pleased to see quite a large proportion were 'wet' prints (or had been very cleverly disguised as such!!). Some very odd stuff by a guy called Miller, though.........!

Well worth a visit.

Rob

Dave miller
28th January 2009, 09:07 PM
A very impressive selection of prints. Most of them superb. It's a really good showcase for monochrome. I was pleased to see quite a large proportion were 'wet' prints (or had been very cleverly disguised as such!!). Some very odd stuff by a guy called Miller, though.........!

Well worth a visit.

Rob

As you say a mixture of proper prints and the other type.
The odd ones you mention Rob must be my wife's. :D

Mike O'Pray
28th January 2009, 09:15 PM
That Miller fellow may be odd but he's definitely wet. So no place for him in Mrs T's cabinet where being wet was so non U - even when there was only wetness in photography. Seems like a million years ago when we had poll tax riots. Not as dangerous as wild bankers either

Mike