PDA

View Full Version : inspector gadget

big paul
13th April 2012, 01:31 PM
I have been looking for a nikon pistol grip 2, seen one or two on fleabay but they were a bit steep .
anyway was looking on mr cads web site and saw a couple, gave them a ring and bought one £20 pounds, £5 pounds pp a couple of little chips and scratches
not bad for its age .
I have got it for my nikon, nikkor AF 300mm 1.4 ED lens to help steady the lens ,all the controls on my nikon f5 are on the right, finger and thumb control, so holding the pistol grip with my left hand is working very well .
I think its a great bit of kit and I am glad I brought it .
it also looks good on the lens

Mike O'Pray
13th April 2012, 09:38 PM
Paul, is this simply a grip that fixes to the lens itself but has no other function i.e. only provides a grip for the hand and supports the lens?

It does sound useful. A 300 f1.4 must be enormous!

Mike

big paul
14th April 2012, 11:20 AM
its a f4, my excuse is i am getting old to my defence that is what it says on the body 1:4(but i missed out one dot sorry) ( that is f4 sorry about that its not as big as first mentioned, I usually have to say that to the girls. but even so it works out great on my AF setup you can add cable release and and other wires to connect to old md s I tried it on my nikkor 500 mirror lens but it wasn't as good I think the longer the lens the better. the pistol grip is very sturdy I think its made out of some metal alloy its like all old nikon gear, can also be used to knock in nails.

Mike O'Pray
14th April 2012, 12:21 PM
You may have bought the last one as I tried to look on Mr Cad's site and could only find pistol grips which seem to screw into the tripod hole under the cameras.

I'd have liked a look at one just for future reference since my kit is Pentax

Mike

big paul
14th April 2012, 01:43 PM
well mike it was made to fit in the tripod hole under the camera ,and it also fits in the tripod collar on the telephoto lens it has a trigger that pushes a pin out at the back for a cable release, or you could knock up some kind of wire connection to match your camera ( I think). its heavy and could also be used as a blunt instrument against wise cracking digital camera users .
as far as I know they only made 2 models I have the the nikon pistol grip model 2 .
they seem to vary in price but are usually cheaper in the shops and seem to cost more on fleabay.

Mike O'Pray
14th April 2012, 07:40 PM
Thanks Paul.

Mike

peterlg
16th April 2012, 04:45 PM
Have a STITZ pistol grip I don't use any longer. If somebody wants it it'll be hers/his for 15€. Pls PM me.
P&P 8€ Europe, 12€ elsewhere.
The cable release can also be fitted at the lower end front of the grip.
Peter