PDA

View Full Version : New posts heading

photomi7ch
8th June 2012, 08:47 AM
When I press on the new posts button the latest posts being shown are from last year. It has stoped showing 2012 posts. I have checked it several times just to make sure it not me or something this end and appears not to be. If I wish to to see the latest I have to visit each heading in turn.

Does anyone else get this?

Barry
8th June 2012, 09:17 AM
Not here?

Try marking 'all forums read' and see if that resolves the issue. It could be a cookie problem?

MPerson
8th June 2012, 09:27 AM
OK here.

Richard Gould
8th June 2012, 11:37 AM
No problem here
Richard

mono
8th June 2012, 11:57 AM
OK here,too!

Bill
8th June 2012, 12:14 PM
Fine here.

Bill

peterlg
8th June 2012, 03:25 PM
no problem here
Peter

CambsIan
8th June 2012, 03:27 PM
No Problem here either.

Ian

Mike O'Pray
8th June 2012, 03:55 PM
None here.

Mike

Argentum
8th June 2012, 04:56 PM
When I press on the new posts button the latest posts being shown are from last year. It has stoped showing 2012 posts. I have checked it several times just to make sure it not me or something this end and appears not to be. If I wish to to see the latest I have to visit each heading in turn.

Does anyone else get this?

I would log out. And if you know how, manually delete any fadu cookies although the log out should do that but not guaranteed if you have old ones. Then clear browser cache. Then close browser.
Then try again after logging in.

Dave miller
8th June 2012, 05:41 PM
There is some guidance on clearing cookies in the FAQ section (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_cookies) that may be of help.

photomi7ch
10th June 2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks Dave and Argentum I have carried out your suggestions.

I have deleted my orginal fav for the forum and reinstated it with a new one. My history and other cookies are deleted as soon a I shut my connection with the internet.

Just to check, the new post show a lot of old post going back to 2008. Are people commenting on these older posts that is making them come to the for? It just seems odd that it is doing it now.

Barry
10th June 2012, 10:32 AM
Mitch,

Look at the date of the last post in the thread. If that date is later than your last appearance on fadu it will show in your new posts list. The original thread date is not relevant.

Argentum
10th June 2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks Dave and Argentum I have carried out your suggestions.

I have deleted my orginal fav for the forum and reinstated it with a new one. My history and other cookies are deleted as soon a I shut my connection with the internet.

Just to check, the new post show a lot of old post going back to 2008. Are people commenting on these older posts that is making them come to the for? It just seems odd that it is doing it now.

just hit the "mark forums as read" a couple of times and try again.