PDA

View Full Version : Southend on Sea / Essex (monthly?) meetups anyone?

Terry S
4th July 2012, 01:01 PM
Having following a thread about Cambridge monthly public house meetings, to talk, to show and t demonstrate photography and more photography, would any members on here be interested in starting something similar in the Essex area?

I am in Southend on Sea, so that would suit me down to the ground, as I have mobility problems and can't drive too far; but would happily look at meet ups within about a 20 mile radius of me.

Anyone interested? :D

Terry S

SteveW
4th July 2012, 04:33 PM
Hi Terry

I'm down in Barking but would be interested in a meet up.

Steve

Terry S
5th July 2012, 12:29 PM
Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. Good ro see the first on board! :-)

I'll try to keep this current on here to try and get a few more peeps interested, along with some other 'ads' on other forums etc and see where it all goes.

I will keep you in mind and contact you again when the first meeting is arranged though!

Out of interest, I used to belong to Barking PS, being the Syllabus Secretary and Chairman; have you ever been to or belonged to it by any chance, as we may even know each other if you have?...

Terry S

Xpres
5th July 2012, 05:57 PM
Good to see you're trying to get something started Terry. If the location ends up being a bit closer to me then I'll come along if I can.

SteveW
6th July 2012, 09:00 PM
Hi Terry. Yes I did get down there once and meant to continue. Unfortunately at the time work took over so it had to go on the back burner. I must admit though my enjoyment of clubs wained a while ago. I use to be a member of Peterborough PS when I was stationed at RAF Wittering. As digital took over I lost interest.

Gavin
7th July 2012, 12:13 AM
Terry.

If you need a website for what you are about to conceive I'd be happy to help out and not only produce you a website but also give you free hosting for a year.

I'm not punting and there is no catch. I'm just happy to see other people take the initiative and reach out.

Terry S
7th July 2012, 12:14 PM
SteveW = good that it wasn't the actual club in Barking that put you off going again! ;)

Gavin = thanks for the offer and the PM, I may be in touch as and when. Much appreciated. :)

Terry S

Gavin
8th July 2012, 02:04 AM
You're welcome Terry. Forums like FADU I believe we need to use as a concentrate of knowledge (which I lack) but as a web shop front for your concern which would include contact details, group ethos and a diary I'd be more than happy to help with.

You have all my wishes in this succeeding. Good luck.