PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 44

Tony Marlow
20th July 2012, 07:04 PM
It’s time to time to think about Round 44. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 31st July 2012. Latest date for sending your print is 31st August 2012. I am only looking for one print in a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no one needs to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony

Gavin
20th July 2012, 08:11 PM
Yes please Tony. It'll be my first darkroom print so for thee who draws the short straw, be warned.

StanW
20th July 2012, 09:24 PM
Count me in again please

paulc
20th July 2012, 11:34 PM
Another even numbered round, got my darkroom back, and a stack more paper to burn through - Count me in :)

Roger Cole
21st July 2012, 06:15 AM
Caught up, or close enough - I'd like back in again Tony.

Richard Gould
21st July 2012, 06:47 AM
I'm in again,please, Tony,
Richard

Terry S
21st July 2012, 12:31 PM
And me again please! :)

Terry S

Bill
22nd July 2012, 09:43 AM
Hi Tony,

I'm in again please.

Bill

Ian Marsh
22nd July 2012, 03:19 PM
me again please Tony

ymgandy
22nd July 2012, 09:30 PM
Put me in again please Tony. Thank you.

MikeHeller
23rd July 2012, 07:50 AM
Count me in again, please.
Thanks, Mike

vincent
23rd July 2012, 04:25 PM
I'm in again,thanks Tony.

BobRob
23rd July 2012, 11:10 PM
yes please Tony

bob robertson.

Derek Lincoln
24th July 2012, 06:54 AM
I am in again Tony.

chisel
25th July 2012, 07:39 PM
Count me in - my first time around, please be gentle with me!

Pm on its way....

Fran

Tony Marlow
30th July 2012, 08:57 AM
The list for Print Exchange Round 44 closes Wednesday morning; anybody who wishes to take part and has not already joined please do so buy then. Those who have already joined are listed below; if I have missed anyone please let me know immediately.

StanW
paulc
Richard Gould
Roger Cole
Terry S
Bill
Ian Marsh
ymgandy
MikeHeller
vincent
BobRob
Derek Lincoln
chisel

Tony

MartinWaller
30th July 2012, 11:21 AM
Count me in please Tony

Tony Marlow
1st August 2012, 08:02 PM
The list for Print Exchange Round 44 is now closed. Those who have joined are listed below, if I have missed anybody please let me know immediately. PMs will go, out in a few days.

StanW
paulc
Richard Gould
Roger Cole
Terry S
Bill
Ian Marsh
ymgandy
MikeHeller
vincent
BobRob
Derek Lincoln
chisel
MartinWaller

Tony

Derek Lincoln
8th August 2012, 08:14 AM
Posted mine today Tony before my hols.

chisel
8th August 2012, 05:03 PM
Posted mine today too....

StanW
8th August 2012, 09:01 PM
And mine left on Monday, courtesy of the local albatrosses.

Ian Marsh
9th August 2012, 12:06 PM
Mine went today

BobRob
10th August 2012, 11:46 AM
Posted my print this morning.

bobrob.

vincent
13th August 2012, 01:28 PM
Mine went today

Hi Ian, I received your print this morning. I love the quality of the print with lovely detail throughout. The selenium tone also adds a nice finish to your photo. I note also that you are like myself a user of the Olympus OM4Ti. I feel that camera design peaked with the design of that model.

Ian Marsh
13th August 2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks Vincent

Yes the camera is about as good as 35mm SLRs ever got IMHO

vincent
13th August 2012, 06:44 PM
I put my photo in the post today spurt on by receiving Ian's photo.

Richard Gould
14th August 2012, 08:59 AM
Posted mine this morning
Richard

paulc
14th August 2012, 11:06 AM
And mine left on Monday, courtesy of the local albatrosses.

That poor bird is getting cream-crackered, so it hitching a lift back on a Quantas plane from Stansted (some special flight laid on for a bullion haul from London :D)

An interesting IR shot of a young model - The most notable point for me is the way the veins in her legs stand out. For some subjects, probably not the most flattering, but in this case, adds detail to what would otherwise be acres of smooth white skin.

Need to get my offering in the post this evening...

MartinWaller
15th August 2012, 09:24 AM
Need to get my offering in the post this evening...

Arrived this morning. A lovely print of a scene at Mono Lake. I really like this picture. It defies the rule of thirds to great effect - very unnerving when you look at it for any length of time.

Thanks for sharing this with me Paul - a great addition to my collection.

Martin

BobRob
16th August 2012, 09:48 AM
recieved a print from Chisel this morning
dark and moody view of a rain splashed car door
different idea well executed.

thanks !!

Bobrob

MikeHeller
17th August 2012, 05:28 PM
My offering has been put into the TLC of RoyalMail.
Thanks, Mike

Derek Lincoln
17th August 2012, 06:28 PM
Hello Vincent, received your photo today after return from hols. I really like the subject of the horses. The composition with the two horses looking over the wall at the camera is excellent.The grain from the Ilford Delta 400 is hardly visible, one reason I use it myself. I agree with you about a print in the hand is worth two on the computer!

Ian Marsh
19th August 2012, 07:36 AM
Posted my print this morning.

bobrob.

Bob. I returned from a few days away to find your print in my postbox

A beautiful woodland scene. The print is suberb and the paper/toner combination work perfectly,

I am very grateful to you for sending this

ymgandy
19th August 2012, 10:36 PM
I have been away but received a excellent print on my return from Derek Lincoln. There is a lovely air of mystery about it & I love the background "clutter" that adds interest & helps set the scene. The quality & detail in the shadow areas are all there & the prints asks questions but leaves them unanswered. I like it a lot, thank you Derek.

'

MartinWaller
20th August 2012, 01:18 PM
My picture's in the post

Richard Gould
20th August 2012, 04:58 PM
My offering has been put into the TLC of RoyalMail.
Thanks, Mike

and arrived courtesy of my post girl today, a very nice photo of someone in a canoe looking at what looks like a whale fin, the canoe and person in shiloute, a lovely print indeed, many thanks against a very dark sky, a great print, many thanks,Mike
Richard

Roger Cole
23rd August 2012, 10:06 AM
Received yesterday from Richard Gould a very nice print of a shot of a lobsterman (or at least, someone sorting out ropes for lobster pots) taken at Bouley Bay with a Rolleicord on Fomapan 400, printed on Kentmere VC Select.

The clouds in the sky help the print capture a slice of this day. It isn't clear that the clouds are threatening, exactly, but they could be - so I imagine this fellow trying to get his ropes all knotted or arranged or whatever he's doing with them before the rain moves in. Another nice addition to my prints from exchanges. Thanks Richard!

I should get mine out this weekend, hopefully.

Richard Gould
23rd August 2012, 11:23 AM
Thanks Roger, glad you like the print,
Richard

Terry S
24th August 2012, 01:45 PM
I've now received my print from Martin (Waller) = thanks Martin.

He tells me it's a close up picture of an Iris leaf, taken with an extension tube on a 50mm lens in his accompanying letter, which was good, for I wasn't quite sure what it was initially! :confused:

It's a lovely close up of the leaf, with water droplets on it. It is printed on a glossy paper and has a good range of tones right through to a gorgeous black area. I am intrigued to see which way Martin displays it, for it can be viewed from all four directions, but there are two particular views that I prefer.

Many thanks once more Martin.

Terry S

MartinWaller
24th August 2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks Terry - your answer is on the gallery...

ymgandy
26th August 2012, 02:32 PM
Posted mine Friday 24/8/12

Roger Cole
28th August 2012, 05:21 PM
Mine went out today.

Bill
30th August 2012, 12:36 PM
My print is finally in the post.

Bill

Terry S
1st September 2012, 12:29 PM
Biggest apologies!

My print for this round was actually printed within the first week of this month. Since then I have been so busy that I haven't been able to get to the Post Office to send it. :(

Rest assured that it is being packed up with a covering letter this weekend and will be sent out on Monday = promise! :)

Terry S

Tony Marlow
1st September 2012, 06:10 PM
Just to reassure everybody, all prints for this round will be in the post by Monday 3rd september so those who have not yet received can expect them soon.
Tony

MikeHeller
2nd September 2012, 06:06 PM
Phew! I was beginning to wonder if the pigeon had been bagged with the print I hadn't received.
Mike

vincent
2nd September 2012, 07:16 PM
I checked back and counted 14 members who were prepared to take part in in this months Print Exchange. But at the moment there are are only 8 photos on display. Allowing for 1 or 2 late senders there is still a shortfall of a couple of photos on display. Can anyone explain this and should we be worried about it?

peterlg
2nd September 2012, 08:19 PM
Vincent, a regular count shows that there are always a few participants who do not or can not upload their prints. Like you, I feel it's a pity because after all the printed image is the essential outcome of our efforts and we should exchange the maximum number print views, for the inspiration of other FADU friends.
In the print exchanges we can propose to our counterparts to scan and upload prints received if they don't have the requisite equipment.
Peter

Bob
2nd September 2012, 08:47 PM
Although it is of course excellent if people can scan and upload to the Exchange galleries so we can all see how lucky they have been (!) it is not mandatory.

As Peter suggests, anyone who does not have a scanner and wants to see their print in the gallery, please ask your counterpart and see if they can scan and upload for you.

Cheers, Bob.

Tony Marlow
3rd September 2012, 07:56 AM
For the record, there are four prints which have not yet arrived and therfore shouldn't be posted in the gallery until they do.

Tony

Roger Cole
3rd September 2012, 04:21 PM
For the record, there are four prints which have not yet arrived and therfore shouldn't be posted in the gallery until they do.

Tony

That's what I thought. I can upload mine any time but I don't believe it has arrived yet.

Bill
3rd September 2012, 07:06 PM
That's what I thought. I can upload mine any time but I don't believe it has arrived yet.

Upload any time you want, Roger, it arrived today.

It is a shot of a Tennessee "blue hole" which is a natural pool with a waterfall flowing into it near to Roger's parent's home.

Really nice print and one I am happy to add to my collection.

Thanks Roger.

Bill

chisel
3rd September 2012, 07:25 PM
Mine arrived today from Bill - a lovely shot from Furness abbey. I've purchased a nice book to store this and future (!) ones in.

Do I scan it and upload it, or does Bill?

Many thanks.....

Fran

Tony Marlow
3rd September 2012, 07:53 PM
Do I scan it and upload it, or does Bill?

The sender of the print, Bill, uploads it unless he asks the receiver to do it. It is up to the maker of the print to decide if he wants his prints on the internet.

Tony

Roger Cole
3rd September 2012, 08:10 PM
Upload any time you want, Roger, it arrived today.

It is a shot of a Tennessee "blue hole" which is a natural pool with a waterfall flowing into it near to Roger's parent's home.

Really nice print and one I am happy to add to my collection.

Thanks Roger.

Bill

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I just uploaded it.

StanW
3rd September 2012, 10:46 PM
Ymgandy's print has just flown in. It's an interesting picture of part of the sea defences at Overstrand. Another picture for my wall.
I

Terry S
6th September 2012, 12:52 PM
My print for this round (44), sent out by first class on Monday 03/09/12 was received back by myself today. :confused:

The post office decided to send it to the VERY SMALL return address label on the back of the card envelope, despite the VERY LARGE written address on the front stating 'TO:'. :confused:

The return label has now been removed and the envelope reposted.

Hopefully the person it is being sent to will now receive it in the next day or two.

Apologies!

Terry S

MikeHeller
7th September 2012, 01:32 PM
My print for this round (44), sent out by first class on Monday 03/09/12 was received back by myself today. :confused:

Hopefully the person it is being sent to will now receive it in the next day or two.

Terry S

And it arrived today, thanks. My first print in the Exchange from a Holga!
It is a print of a stack of cut timber on Art 300 paper whose texture very much echoes and suits the content of the print.
Thanks, Mike

chisel
14th September 2012, 09:00 PM
Finally I uploaded mine - sorry for the long delay, due to a mixture of ignorance and being away.....

Fran

Terry S
15th September 2012, 02:11 PM
Where does the week go???

Thanks for the comments about the Holga print that I sent to you Mike = hope it won't be the last that you get!

The scan of the print has now been uploaded to the gallery.

Terry S