PDA

View Full Version : Vivitar VI BIN £1 Worcestershire.

vanannan
22nd July 2012, 04:28 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIVITAR-V1-COLOUR-B-W-PHOTOGRAPHIC-ENLARGER-/190706203512?pt=UK_Photography_DarkroomSupplies_SM&hash=item2c66f9bb78

Mike O'Pray
22nd July 2012, 07:45 PM
There is something very strange here. He is selling other darkroom stuff, all of which he seems to have pitched at a market price except the enlarger. He wants three times as much for a 49mm rubber lens hood(£3) which looks like the Jessops hood purchaseable at about £6 when new and thirty times as much for what looks a mechanical darkroom timer.

No reason to suspect anything, its just amazing that he feels the enlarger is only worth a £1.

Mike

Terry S
23rd July 2012, 10:16 AM
I think the seller is just desperate to get rid of the enlarger Mike!

As for the lens hood, I think the £3 will just about cover the postage, as that is quoted as free.

Terry S

Peter S
23rd July 2012, 10:44 AM
As an ex owner of a Vivitar enlarger I think the owner might have to give the byer £1 to take it away.
Peter

numnutz
23rd July 2012, 11:17 AM
It looks like one of the very rare Vivitar Horizontal wall mounted enlargers to me...:o

nn :)

DavidH
23rd July 2012, 08:09 PM
I have a V1 that I use for larger size prints than I normally do. It was awkward getting the illumination even, but once done, it works well. The reason I don't use it all the time is the exceedingly high cost of replacing bulbs. If anyone knows of a cheap source of 19V 80W bulbs, plese do let me know!