PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition - 'FractureScape' - Llanberis

Mark J
5th September 2012, 06:56 PM
Announcing my second 'proper' exhibition of photos !
This is a mixed exhibition by myself ( photos ) and Rachel Rosen ( sculpture ) in Llanberis in Snowdonia, starting 8th Sept, running to approx 14th October .

( See flyer here as attachment )

I'm showing about 16 shots - 12 B&W , 4 Colour . These are all framed 20" x 16" originals , the B&W are fibre prints . All are from 6x9cm originals .

The subject matter is mostly from the Dinorwig slate quarry at Llanberis - which I consider to be one of the most photogenic places in the world . The style is of small-scale 'landscapes' and industrial subjects returning to nature , some shots are literal, some very abstracted. The work was taken mostly in the last ten years , though one or two are earlier .

Rachel will be filling the centre of the gallery space with sculptures from scrap-metal, 'found' objects, plus some light installations .

Hope one of two of you can make it !

Trevor Crone
6th September 2012, 07:50 AM
Sorry I can't attend Mark but may I wish you all the very best with this exhibition.

Trevor.

MikeHeller
6th September 2012, 09:00 AM
I shall certainly come and see the Exhibition. I am also a great fan of the Dinorwig Quarries as a source of photographs as you may have noticed on this forum!!
Mike

MartyNL
6th September 2012, 03:02 PM
Sounds great Mark and wish I could make it!

Best of luck and I hope everything goes to plan.

Mark J
6th September 2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the kind wishes, & hope you enjoy what you see, Mike (H) .

Just had a hard but very satisfying day putting up 15 out of the 17 shots and helping out with scaffolding for Rachel's industrial weirdness.
I really like the way the shots look on the wall now, and how they work well with the sculpture .

Only sad part today was that Snowdonia and the Dinorwig quarry were bathed in beautiful clear September sunshine all day - wanted to get out there and take more stuff !

MartyNL
8th September 2012, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the kind wishes, & hope you enjoy what you see, Mike (H) .

Just had a hard but very satisfying day putting up 15 out of the 17 shots and helping out with scaffolding for Rachel's industrial weirdness.
I really like the way the shots look on the wall now, and how they work well with the sculpture .

Only sad part today was that Snowdonia and the Dinorwig quarry were bathed in beautiful clear September sunshine all day - wanted to get out there and take more stuff !

Any chance of seeing a snap of the photos as they're hanging?

Mark J
8th September 2012, 08:27 PM
Any chance of seeing a snap of the photos as they're hanging?

I did some 35mm slides today on the Leica after we'd finally finished doing the captions and artists' blurb . However, I could try to do a digital ( euch ! ) shot or two next weekend when we have the official opening party . It's a little inconvenient that the venue is only open to 4-30pm at this time of year - cannot visit after work .

This afternoon I went out in the quarry again and did a couple more shots :) - the weather was so fine .

Bill
13th October 2012, 10:24 AM
At the exhibition at the moment. Some good work here. Well done Mark.

Bill.

Mark J
14th October 2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks Bill . Saw your comment in the book when I visited today .
Glad you enjoyed it .
Taking down tomorrow .
I might try to do a few 10x8" prints to scan . I have a mind to send off something to 'View Camera' as they seem short of anything very interesting these days ...