PDA

View Full Version : A little annoyed to say the least

kennethcooke
11th February 2009, 01:25 AM
I placed a substantial order for everything I would require, apart from the enlarger to do my own B&W D&P, from a Midlands based on line supplier who shall be nameless. When I came to start processing I discovered that they had not supplied paper developer. What he thought I was going to use the trays and paper for which he supplied god only knows. How could anyone fail to miss out such an important fundamental considerable. Suffice it to say I am not best please but it is also quite funny really

Dave miller
11th February 2009, 07:21 AM
Commiserations; stamp your foot and smile.
You will gradually learn who gives good service and who sometimes fails. The former usually get a mention here.

Richard Gould
11th February 2009, 03:19 PM
It happens,service from some suppliers in'st all it should be, best thing to do is follow the suppliers mentioneed here, I can recomened Firstcall for prompt and good service Richard

Brian
11th February 2009, 04:18 PM
I think the best way of judging a supplier is not whether they make a mistake or not, but how they rectify them. If you phoned them up, and they said tough, it wasn't included in the package I wouldn't be impressed and probably go to someone else next time. However, if they appologised and put some developer in the post I would use them again next time.

Brian

wiesmier
11th February 2009, 05:23 PM
Perhaps he thought you were going to develop the paper in Caffenol

Dave miller
11th February 2009, 05:58 PM
Perhaps he thought you were going to develop the paper in Caffenol

See Monoman's album HERE (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/album.php?albumid=19) for an explaination of what's possible with coffee.

RH Designs
11th February 2009, 06:16 PM
Was the developer listed on the invoice/packing note? If so, it was either a mistake or they're out of stock. If the latter, the packing note should advise you of that and give you an expected delivery date. If it's not listed, then it's probably just a mistake. We all make them from time to time - only yesterday I sent a Norwegian customer the wrong mains lead. He'd ordered a 115v timer so should have had a US-style lead, not a Norwegian one; the right one's now in the mail.

Tony Marlow
11th February 2009, 06:34 PM
I judge a firm by the way they correct a mistake not because they make a mistake. None of us are infallible, just look at the thread on our bloomers.
Tony

kennethcooke
11th February 2009, 10:48 PM
Commiserations; stamp your foot and smile.
You will gradually learn who gives good service and who sometimes fails. The former usually get a mention here.

You are right Dave. This chap seems to have his eye on the ball and also seems to know what he is talking about

http://www.paulpetterson.co.uk/