PDA

View Full Version : Anyone breaking an Olympus 35RC for spares?

Brock
2nd November 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to resurrect one of these but I'm lacking a couple of bits. The first, and most important, is a tiny bit of metal that connects the shutter speed selector to the shutter speed cam. If I had this I could at least make the camera useable. The second is the self timer module and the self timer lever. It would be nice to have the latter bits just to complete the project but I can live without them. I'd love to hear from anyone with an old, broken 35RC who can supply the missing parts or who wants to get rid of a complete but knackered camera!

www.photography-matters.blogspot.com

cesare
3rd November 2012, 08:23 AM
I've got a rather battered one here, which is in a rather sorry state. I believe it is functional, it certainly fires the shutter, winds on etc.

It was a rather rough copy I got second hand a while back. I made the mistake of lending it to a friend who managed to, well, from the bends in the case i'd say drive over it. The right hand side where the wind level feeds is bent down with an obvious large dent in the top, the left hand side, the rewinder is also bent relative to the shaft, and the timer level is missing (that was me though, it got caught on something taking it out of a bag and pinged off into the grass never to be found again).

Good news, the shutter fires, the glass looks good. The aperture appears very wonky though, not centred. The rangefinder is dull, but is certainly working.

If this is of interest to you, drop me a PM.