PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 48

Tony Marlow
15th November 2012, 06:34 PM
It’s time to time to think about Round 48. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 30th November 2012. Latest date for sending your print is 31st December 2012. I am only looking for one print in a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no one needs to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don‟t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems -please contact me as soon as possible.
Tony

Bill
16th November 2012, 08:30 AM
I'm in please Tony.

Bill

MartinWaller
16th November 2012, 09:19 AM
Count me in please

Terry S
16th November 2012, 09:56 AM
And me again please.

Terry S

BobRob
16th November 2012, 05:39 PM
yes please Tony

Bob Robertson.

Richard Gould
16th November 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm in again please Tony
Richard

RichardWarom
17th November 2012, 05:42 AM
Yes please Tony
Richard

Derek Lincoln
17th November 2012, 09:13 AM
In again Tony

Derek

chisel
17th November 2012, 11:44 AM
Please mark me down as well...

ymgandy
19th November 2012, 02:49 PM
Yes please Tony

MikeHeller
19th November 2012, 03:04 PM
Count me in again, please.
Thanks, Mike

MartyNL
19th November 2012, 06:47 PM
I'd like to take part again, as well.
Yippee!

vincent
19th November 2012, 08:04 PM
I'm in again please Tony.

peterlg
24th November 2012, 12:58 PM
hi Tony, I'm in again,
Peter

Graeme
27th November 2012, 12:48 PM
Yes please Tony.

Tony Marlow
29th November 2012, 11:07 AM
The list for Print Exchange Round 48 closes on saturday morning, anyone who wishes to join but has not registered please let me know by trhen. Those who have already joined are listed below.

Bill
Martin Waller
Terry S
BobRob
Derek Lincoln
chisel
ymgandy
MikeHeller
MartyNL
vincent
peterlg
Graeme

Tony

Tony Marlow
2nd December 2012, 01:36 PM
The list for Round 48 is now closed. Those who have joined are listed below: if I have missed anyone please let me knoe immediately. PMs will go out next week.

Bill
Martin Waller
Terry S
BobRob
Derek Lincoln
chisel
ymgandy
MikeHeller
MartyNL
vincent
peterlg
Graeme

Tony

chisel
7th December 2012, 09:12 PM
Mr. Postman took mine away this evening....

MartyNL
8th December 2012, 08:56 PM
My print found its way into a letterbox today.

BobRob
10th December 2012, 12:13 PM
Posated my print this morning

Bobrob

Derek Lincoln
10th December 2012, 02:46 PM
Posted today Tony.

Derek Lincoln

vincent
12th December 2012, 04:48 PM
Posted my print this afternoon.

peterlg
12th December 2012, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Derek Lincoln;75040]Posted today Tony.

hi Derek,
it arrived in Luxembourg this morning - our postal services are formidable, yours is royal, mine is GrandDucal!

Your photo is charming and full of atmosphere. The print tones are well balanced - no sun is a surprise at that location!
Compositionwise the vertical line is very good. You might even cut out the road sign on the right because the vertical line does not need to be in the centre; Or what?

I do like your photo, thank you for sharing it with us.
Peter

Derek Lincoln
14th December 2012, 10:17 AM
Hello Peter,
Thank you for your comments and I think you are right about the road sign - it removes clutter and concentrates the focus on the man and boy.

Derek

MartinWaller
14th December 2012, 11:09 AM
Received a great print from Chisel this morning. A portrait of Rosalind - I like the shallow depth of field, unusual placing and the lovely soft lighting. Great picture and thankyou for sharing it with me.

Martin

chisel
14th December 2012, 07:34 PM
Very glad you liked it and that it made it safely to you,

Fran

MikeHeller
15th December 2012, 08:59 AM
I have received, from MartyNL a very atmospheric and simple print of a line of half submerged rocks (old breakwater?) stretching to the horizon out to sea. A high density ND was used to take the photo so that it gives the scene an ethereal quality that is most effective. I hope it is posted in the Gallery so that everyone can get a flavour of it although I expect as usual I get the better deal with the real thing!
Mike

MartyNL
15th December 2012, 09:16 AM
I have received, from MartyNL a very atmospheric and simple print of a line of half submerged rocks (old breakwater?) stretching to the horizon out to sea. A high density ND was used to take the photo so that it gives the scene an ethereal quality that is most effective. I hope it is posted in the Gallery so that everyone can get a flavour of it although I expect as usual I get the better deal with the real thing!
Mike

Thanks Mike. I was getting worried as I posted it a week ago!

A preview of the 20x16" is in the sticky section of "What are you printing now?" (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1589&d=1352575943)

Graeme
15th December 2012, 09:46 AM
Posated my print this morning

Bobrob

Received yesterday Bob, a very nice print of a gravestone and foliage, with subtle mid-tones and cleverly controlled highlights.

Many Thanks,

Graeme
18th December 2012, 10:41 AM
Posted mine today.

ymgandy
18th December 2012, 04:05 PM
Posted today 18/12/12

MartyNL
18th December 2012, 07:13 PM
Posted my print this afternoon.

Thank you Vincent. A well composed and perfectly executed Kodak HIE infrared photograph of a field ready for harvesting. Sharp throughout and beautifully printed.

I like it very much and can't wait to give IR a go!

MartinWaller
19th December 2012, 12:15 PM
My picture is in the post

MikeHeller
20th December 2012, 03:28 PM
As is mine.
Mike

Derek Lincoln
21st December 2012, 02:11 PM
My picture is in the post

Photograph of a much maligned boat received today.

A very contrasty day for Tri X but you have handled it well Martin. Nice to see a change from Ilford MG1V!

We could do with some of that weather now.

Derek

Terry S
22nd December 2012, 11:02 AM
My print for this round, although printed last month, with the previous rounds picture, has finally gone in the post yesterday (= Friday 21/12/12) by First Class Post. Uni has kept me sooooooo busy that I haven't had time up until now to get to the Post Office! :-)

Terry S

Bill
22nd December 2012, 11:43 AM
My print is in the post.

Bill

chisel
22nd December 2012, 09:06 PM
Posted today 18/12/12

And it arrived here by a special Saturday post as a nice Christmas present! Its a lovely shot which ymgandy explained was taken using a Leica with an old 50mm lens (nothing wrong with it through!) at Bridlington in West Yorkshire.

I don't know if the scan shows it well enough, but he has really held the specular highs in the bottom 1/3 of the pic where the sun glances off the wet sand. Lovely composition too, a real classic shot.

It goes into my print exchange album along with the letter with it. Thanks!

Fran

(ps I scanned the print and uploaded it to the gallery just now)

ymgandy
24th December 2012, 05:37 PM
My print for this round, although printed last month, with the previous rounds picture, has finally gone in the post yesterday (= Friday 21/12/12) by First Class Post. Uni has kept me sooooooo busy that I haven't had time up until now to get to the Post Office! :-) Terry S

Arrived Saturday, well done Royal Mail. A very enjoyable print of an unusual subject enhanced I think by your Holga camera. One I will be pleased to add to my collection.

BobRob
24th December 2012, 07:59 PM
an early Christmas present from Mike arrived yesterday a image of South Stacks taken from a KAYK [ ? SPELLING ]
very brave of you Mike and it has produced a powerfull image
many thanks.

Bobrob.

MikeHeller
25th December 2012, 11:24 AM
Obviously forgotten how to spell!!
Mike

Bill
28th December 2012, 01:38 PM
Received a print today from peterlg.

It is of a flock of birds overflying a chimney against a storm sky.

Not a subject I would ever have thought of taking.

Thanks Peter another for the collection.

Bill

Terry S
28th December 2012, 04:30 PM
Posted mine today.

Received the print Graeme, but only now, have just had the time to open the envelope to look at the print! :o

A very sombre, dark scene, of the estuary at Portmeirion, North Wales.

An abstract scene with lots of tones, with small highlights across the water.

I must admit that it's taking me a while to appreciate it Graeme, but I feel it's a 'grower'. :)

Terry S

vincent
28th December 2012, 06:02 PM
My print is in the post.

Bill

Hi Bill, your print arrived in the post this morning just as I was leaving to head off with a few other film enthusiasts for a days shooting. I will make comments on your work when you insert it in the gallery. Don't worry it'll be all positive.

Graeme
2nd January 2013, 02:26 PM
Received the print Graeme, but only now, have just had the time to open the envelope to look at the print! :o

A very sombre, dark scene, of the estuary at Portmeirion, North Wales.

An abstract scene with lots of tones, with small highlights across the water.

I must admit that it's taking me a while to appreciate it Graeme, but I feel it's a 'grower'. :)

Terry S

Nearly sent you something less abstract Terry, I'll pop it on the gallery and see if it grows on anyone else as well. ;):D

Terry S
3rd January 2013, 04:53 PM
Nearly sent you something less abstract Terry, I'll pop it on the gallery and see if it grows on anyone else as well. ;):D

Glad you didn't though Graeme as I DO like abstract very much, if you look at the few comments that I've made about other uploads. :-)

Anyway, we all need to send out different and unusual work rather than trying to stay safe, if we are to grow in our appreciation of things new (that's my opinion anyway...)

But yes, it will be interesting to see what others make of it.

Terry S
:)