PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Round 4

Tony Marlow
16th February 2009, 05:46 PM
It's time to time to think about Round 4. All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is 28th Febuary 2009. Latest date for sending your print is 31st March 2009. I am only looking for one print a month; there is plenty of room on my spreadsheet for all your entries so no need to hold back.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.

The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

Rules.
1. Your photograph must have originated from a film exposed in a proper camera.
2. Your print can be any size up to 10”x 8”.
3. Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject.
4. The image may be any size or format.
5. Toning or other treatment is optional.
6. Inkjet, or digitally printed photographs or computer manipulated images are ineligible.
7. The addition of explanatory notes is optional, but your recipient may appreciate some background information, and if you do not say who it is from, they cannot thank you for it.
8. You must enjoy the experience.

Waiting to hear from you all.
Tony

Dave miller
16th February 2009, 08:07 PM
Count me in even though I have still to post my effort for the current round, but it is packed ready to post; just saving for the stamp.

Mark Burley
19th February 2009, 10:09 PM
Count me in Tony

PMarkey
19th February 2009, 10:29 PM
I'm in also .

And my round 3 print should be in the post Monday :o

Paul

Victor Krag
20th February 2009, 02:38 AM
I'm in, thanks Tony.

Sandeha Lynch
20th February 2009, 06:30 AM
Yesagain.

Argentum
20th February 2009, 07:56 PM
Og go on then.

RH Designs
20th February 2009, 08:04 PM
Me too

vincent
20th February 2009, 08:54 PM
Me again.

Regards
vincent

Tony Marlow
25th February 2009, 11:08 AM
I will be closing the list of participants for round 4 Sunday morning. I have listed below all who have joined so far; if I have missed anybody or anyone else wishes to join please let me Know by Sunday morning.

Dave
RH Designs
Sandeha Lynch
Victor Krag
Paul
Mark Burley
Vincent
Percepts

Tony.

Rob Archer
25th February 2009, 09:14 PM
Me too, please!

Rob

Bill
26th February 2009, 02:13 PM
And me please.

Bill

Bob
26th February 2009, 05:29 PM
Whoops - nearly forgot - add me in again please...

Tony Marlow
1st March 2009, 04:32 PM
The list for round 4 is now closed. The full list of participants is shown below. If I have missed anybody please let me know immediately.

Dave
RH Designs
Rob Archer
Sandeha Lynch
Victor Krag
Paul
Bob
BillMar
Mark Burley
Vincent
geetoo
Percepts
Tony Marlow.

Tony

Victor Krag
5th March 2009, 10:17 PM
Round 4 print sent in the mail today. Round 4 Gallery going up soon?

Tony Marlow
10th March 2009, 10:04 AM
Round 4 print posted yesterday.

Tony

Dave miller
11th March 2009, 04:36 PM
Round 4 print sent in the mail today. Round 4 Gallery going up soon?

Your print received here today Victor, and thank you also for the "bonus print". Both very welcome.

Victor Krag
11th March 2009, 05:48 PM
Dave, glad the package arrived safely and I'm happy that you like it. By the way, if there was the possibility that I was the last the last person to mail off a print, I would not have uploaded the print to the gallery before it was received because it would then be obvious who the print was going to. I knew that most the entire lot of receivers was open when I uploaded the scan to the gallery. My idea was to increase anticipation, that may or may not have been the affect..

vincent
12th March 2009, 05:01 PM
Round 4 print posted today.

vincent

PMarkey
12th March 2009, 05:44 PM
Bob,s (geetoo) print arrived this morning :)

Dave miller
14th March 2009, 11:31 AM
I posted my print for round 4 this morning.

Sandeha Lynch
16th March 2009, 10:26 AM
Mine's in the post.

Bill
16th March 2009, 10:46 AM
I posted my print for round 4 this morning.

And I received it this morning.

A great image of a Stag looking at the photographer.

Bill

RH Designs
17th March 2009, 09:28 AM
A lovely beachscape from Percepts this morning - thanks Rob, exactly my sort of image :).

Argentum
17th March 2009, 10:10 AM
That was quick. I only posted it at 5pm yesterday. The post Office can do a very good job when it wants to.

RH Designs
17th March 2009, 12:47 PM
I think as long as the post doesn't have to go through a big city, it is pretty good. Most first class stuff I send or get here arrives next day, but anything via London is often delayed. Just recently a Special Delivery item to central London took over a week. But the service I get from the Royal Mail in general (which I use a lot) is excellent.

I'll be posting my print today; let's see when it arrives :).

Bill
17th March 2009, 03:22 PM
My print went in the post this morning.

Bill

Victor Krag
18th March 2009, 04:46 PM
Received from Vincent, an interesting infrared image of Monastic Ruins', thanks.

Sandeha Lynch
18th March 2009, 05:56 PM
And received from Bill this morning. Nice to see another LFer making the most of it. Thanks, Bill.

Rob Archer
19th March 2009, 10:39 AM
Just off out to post mine now.

Rob

vincent
19th March 2009, 08:14 PM
I received in the post today a beautiful print from Sandeha featuring Italy.
Many thanks
vincent

Mark Burley
20th March 2009, 12:36 AM
Received a delightful print from Richard Ross - lovely and light with delicate tones etc. Very nice thank you it will make the hall of fame in one's study.

Mark Burley
20th March 2009, 12:37 AM
Mine will hit the post office on Saturday...

RH Designs
20th March 2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks Mark, glad you like it - looks like the 1st class post might have failed me this time though, to be expected following my praise the other day!

PMarkey
26th March 2009, 06:21 PM
Print going in the post in the morning :)

Paul

Tony Marlow
1st April 2009, 05:56 PM
I had a very fine print this morning from Bob of Routin Lynn. Many thanks Bob it's much appreciated. Intrigued with your Rodinal at 1+100 for 40 mins it's enough time for a tea-break.

Tony

Rob Archer
1st April 2009, 06:08 PM
Just recieved a fascinating study of a rather functional park bench, from Paul, fittingly made with a Zorki. Those old Soviet cameras and lenses give a very special quality to an image.

Thanks

Rob

Bob
1st April 2009, 07:04 PM
I had a very fine print this morning from Bob of Routin Lynn. Many thanks Bob it's much appreciated. Intrigued with your Rodinal at 1+100 for 40 mins it's enough time for a tea-break.

TonyExactly! Agitate for 1 minute and then put it in a box made from 2" thick expanded-polystyrene and go have a cuppa (or two)... Arguably the negative is a bit contrasty but it's easy to print - at least it would be, but there's quite a bit of dodging in that print to even out the lighting across the print and on the central boulder.

Bob
6th April 2009, 09:57 PM
Rob Archer's fine print of a meteorologically atypical Isle of Arran scene arrived safe and well sometime in the last couple of weeks - print was was hiding at mate's - the idiot only remembered it today...

Thanks Rob.

Argentum
28th April 2009, 05:13 PM
Received print from Mark Burley.