PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion

Argentum
16th February 2009, 06:27 PM
If I were a potential new memeber, I would like to see what the current banter on the site was before deciding to register. The simple way to do that would be to click a "recent posts" or "new posts" or "todays posts" link on the main forum page. But that isn't available unless you are registered and logged in which means you have to search the whole forum page page to find which threads are current. That could be be very off putting for potential new members.
Just a little useability thought I have occasionally when I don't happen to be logged in as happens every time I clear my cookie cache which many people do when their browser closes.

Dave miller
16th February 2009, 06:59 PM
If I were a potential new memeber, I would like to see what the current banter on the site was before deciding to register. The simple way to do that would be to click a "recent posts" or "new posts" or "todays posts" link on the main forum page. But that isn't available unless you are registered and logged in which means you have to search the whole forum page page to find which threads are current. That could be be very off putting for potential new members.
Just a little useability thought I have occasionally when I don't happen to be logged in as happens every time I clear my cookie cache which many people do when their browser closes.

Thanks Rob, we will give it some thought.

Dave miller
16th February 2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Rob, we will give it some thought.

What browser(s) are you using Rob?

Argentum
16th February 2009, 08:00 PM
IE, Firefox, Opera

Dave miller
16th February 2009, 08:45 PM
IE, Firefox, Opera

What, all at once! :D

Argentum
16th February 2009, 09:03 PM
What, all at once! :D Sometimes. It makes use of my third eye :eek: