PDA

View Full Version : Focus On Imaging Exhibition 2009

Bob
18th February 2009, 11:43 AM
Just a quick note to remind peeps that this year's Focus is on 22 - 25 FEB 2009 10am - 6pm Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. 10am - 5pm Wednesday. Usual venue - the Birmingham NEC. Web site here (http://www.focus-on-imaging.co.uk/). I note that Dave Butcher has a stand this year and Harman/Ilford are supporting a number of other exhibitors.

I probably won't go myself but I thought I'd throw in a reminder.

Steven Taylor
20th February 2009, 01:07 PM
I've been going to Focus since it was PAW and in London. Every year on the way home I say, "I'll not bother next year". I don't want to buy anything, I'm not interested in the latest digital gizmo, I use presentation products that are classic, not gimmicky, won't date so any new ones are not going to interest me. I've heard the same seminars from 3 or 4 generations of speakers and I don't like paying £3.00 for a cup of coffee in a paper cup. So I'll see you there on Monday.
Steven

Martin Aislabie
22nd February 2009, 09:22 AM
Steve, I am exactly the same.

I always go, come away always disappointed and mutter about not going next year.

However this year I am not going - but this is because I physically cannot get there otherwise I would trot along as usual :o

There are a few worth while things there but they are well scattered and you have to dig hard to find them :(

The one thing that amazes me each year is the number of Photographic Wedding Album manufacturers - you can see where the profit is made in high street photography.

Martin