PDA

View Full Version : Duka 50 Colour Safelight - SOLD

Barry
7th March 2013, 04:02 PM
If anyone is looking for a Duka 50 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290873668645?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649) I have one on ebay.

Xpres
7th March 2013, 04:19 PM
How much use has the bulb had Barry?

Barry
7th March 2013, 06:59 PM
Very little. I bought the lamp a long time ago when I thought I would be doing more colour printing but never got around to very much. At a guess I would say around 15-20 hours.

I decided on the starting price because the lamps were going for around this amount.

John King
7th March 2013, 07:07 PM
Are the lamps totally unobtainable now? If not where can they be sourced from.

Cancel that They are still available from Process Supplies at £63 each

Xpres
7th March 2013, 10:08 PM
I haen't seen this lamp available new for an age. All praise to process supplies! I'm not sure that the bulbs are still made though. I use them in my darkroom - for black and white without the red filter - and have saved a few bulbs. I still keep an eye out for more though.

Thanks Barry... will keep an eye on it.

vanannan
8th March 2013, 08:14 AM
I haen't seen this lamp available new for an age. All praise to process supplies! I'm not sure that the bulbs are still made though. I use them in my darkroom - for black and white without the red filter - and have saved a few bulbs. I still keep an eye out for more though.

Thanks Barry... will keep an eye on it.

On Ebay now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wotan-Darkroom-Safelight-Lamp-NA-10-FL-/111025895161?pt=UK_Photography_DarkroomSupplies_SM&hash=item19d9a8b6f9

Binned my Duka last week.

EdBray
8th March 2013, 09:21 AM
I have 2x Dukas that I bought for my darkroom, doubt they will ever get used now as I have installed 2x sets of 3 of Nova's 5 star LED safelights instead.

Xpres
8th March 2013, 09:41 AM
On Ebay now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wotan-Darkroom-Safelight-Lamp-NA-10-FL-/111025895161?pt=UK_Photography_DarkroomSupplies_SM&hash=item19d9a8b6f9

Binned my Duka last week.

That's the one... something else to watch!

@Ed - would you like to sell your Dukas? I tried a pair of durst led lights but prefer the light from the dukas. Maybe the newer LEDs better?

John King
8th March 2013, 10:19 AM
You can tell when a Duka light is on the way out because it takes ages to get up to full brightness. I sold my previous one a few years abck and it must have been almost shot because when I wanted to do colour printing it was taking almost 20 mins to fire up properly. My current one does the same but only takes 4-5 minutes. These LED lights from NOVA are they as safe as the DUKA or have you got to treat them with caution also what is the cost?

RH Designs
8th March 2013, 11:05 AM
LEDs are not as safe for colour as the sodium tubes in the Dukas but they're not bad. Keep the light level to the absolute minimum you can because RA4 materials are very fast. For b+w work though the LEDs are fine, no problem.

John King
8th March 2013, 12:03 PM
Thank you kindly.

Regards

EdBray
8th March 2013, 12:56 PM
That's the one... something else to watch!

@Ed - would you like to sell your Dukas? I tried a pair of durst led lights but prefer the light from the dukas. Maybe the newer LEDs better?

Possibly, but I want to try them out with colour first, especially after seeing Richards comments above.

Barry
10th March 2013, 08:56 AM
Now sold.