PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle announces new film: Silver Collection

RicardoM
23rd April 2013, 09:29 AM
Freestyle is to introduce a new range of films and papers.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/silver-collection-by-arista.php

Interesting is :"Manufactured in the United Kingdom under strict direction by Freestyle".

CambsIan
23rd April 2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the "heads up".

Ian

Mike O'Pray
23rd April 2013, 06:53 PM
I have never seen any Arista stuff on U.K. retailers websites which is a pity as the film and paper might be worth trying but until it is stocked over here then it unfortunately remains of academic interest only.

I guess if it is manufactured in the U.K. it has to be made by Ilford under licence.

Mike

Michael S
23rd April 2013, 08:01 PM
I suspect it's re-badged Kentmere film. I don't think they re-brand anything bearing the Ilford name.

Roger Cole
24th April 2013, 04:40 AM
I have never seen any Arista stuff on U.K. retailers websites which is a pity as the film and paper might be worth trying but until it is stocked over here then it unfortunately remains of academic interest only.

I guess if it is manufactured in the U.K. it has to be made by Ilford under licence.

Mike

It's all rebranded something or other. They have RC paper that's rebranded Adox MCP (but not much less expensive than the Adox brand) and other paper that's...well I'm not sure what the EDU.Ultra paper is, Foma maybe? EDU.Ultra film is definitely Foma, but considerably less expensive over here than any source I know for Foma. Arist Premium 400 film is Tri-X, and the 100 was Plus-X. I have some of both and have shot and developed enough of it to agree totally that's what it has to be.

So you can get the same stuff, but not with the discount store brand price. I doubt it would ever be cost effective to ship it over, more so since Freestyle is on the west coast of the US.

I suspect it's re-badged Kentmere film. I don't think they re-brand anything bearing the Ilford name.

Someone on APUG was saying this, and it seems quite likely.

John King
24th April 2013, 10:13 AM
I have just had a look at their prices and they seem to be more than the usual suppliers even when you add on the VAT.

Roger Cole
24th April 2013, 10:56 AM
Freestyle? Maybe with shipping. Their store brand Arista products are among the least expensive here.

Terry S
24th April 2013, 12:03 PM
Can I just say that 'I like the packaging' for it all...? ;)

Terry S

RicardoM
10th June 2013, 05:01 PM
It seems that it isn't coming soon: http://www.freestylephoto.biz/press-releases/silver-collection-impasse