PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Autometer IIIF - have I dropped a clanger ?

CambsIan
10th July 2013, 06:30 AM
Hi all, think I may have just made a mistake with my latest purchase.

Just bought a Minolta Autometer IIIF to replace my aging Leningrad, but I think that the Minolta will only do incident and flash readings, not reflected. I have downloaded the manual, but to be honest it's a bit confusing. Maybe it's just me being a bit dense, again !

Does anybody use one ? Can it do reflected readings ? If so how ?

Ian

Richard L
10th July 2013, 06:53 AM
I use an Autometer III that is the same as yours minus the F. You can do reflected readings. There is a black bayonet fitting disc with a hole in it for a 30 degree-ish reading, and also a 10 degree 'spot' sighted attachment.
E-bay?
Richard

Paulographic
10th July 2013, 08:05 AM
I have a model III and a IIF but only one reflected light attachment described by Richard. It's a small easy to lose, there was none with the IIIF thing and not easy to find to buy. Ten years ago I saw one for sale at £15. It depresses a pin on the sensors surround to adjust the EV setting from that for incident readings. A footnote in the manual for the II says that using the reflected attachment for model II will not depress this pin so a plus 3 EV compensation, three stops, is needed to give a correct reading. Therefore I assume the same if a reading is taken without the attachment.

Michael
10th July 2013, 09:15 AM
Ian - I have more meters than I need and would be very happy to send you either a) another Leningrad (!) or b) a Weston Master V, which will do reflective readings only unless you look out for a cone for it. But it's in a nice original leather case designed for no cone.

Both meters seem to be operational - but best checked against an accurate meter to determine individual error, if any. I should have said that the Leningrad has its diffuser.

CambsIan
10th July 2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks to all for the replies.

Looks like I'm just going to have to keep my eye on "you know where" to see if any attachments turn up, but guess it could be a long wait.

Michael - thanks for the very kind offer. PM sent.

Ian

Paulographic
10th July 2013, 10:42 PM
You can take a reading without the attachment. It doesn't have a screen or filter just a hole in the middle.