PDA

View Full Version : After waiting 61 years

vincent
21st March 2009, 10:58 PM
Can I just announce that after a wait of 61 years Ireland today won the The Six Nation's "GRAND SLAM". Nothing to do with photography but I am prepared to admit to other enjoyments in life away from camera's.

Cheers everyone !
vincent

Argentum
21st March 2009, 11:34 PM
Have a Guiness on me:)

Mike O'Pray
22nd March 2009, 02:00 AM
Good one. It's strange that at Rugby the wrong kind of "patriotism" never seems to manifest itself and money is not the decider.

Mike

Daud
22nd March 2009, 05:01 AM
Good one. It's strange that at Rugby the wrong kind of "patriotism" never seems to manifest itself and money is not the decider.

Mike

That is because it is a civilised game ….. at the moment.

David.

Richard Gould
22nd March 2009, 09:48 AM
And can I announce that England, at long last, have won a cricket worlde cup, well done the ladies,Richard.

Bob
22nd March 2009, 12:16 PM
Indeed. Congrats to the Irish - winning is one thing, a Grand Slam takes something extra...

Not seen the game yet - last one I saw was England Vs Ireland - but it's on iPlayer for the next week...

Michael
22nd March 2009, 01:57 PM
Vincent - Congratulations on your hwyl for starting this thread (I was afraid to). Maith an duine túsa. Even Bernie, my wife, could be caught watching the cup presentation on the kitchen TV. I hope O'Gara carries on getting his confidence back (and don't look at what the Sunday times chief Rugby correspondent, S. Jones, says about Peter Stringer).

vincent
22nd March 2009, 09:22 PM
[and don't look at what the Sunday times chief Rugby correspondent, S. Jones, says about Peter Stringer).[/QUOTE]
]Vincent - Congratulations on your hwyl for starting this thread (I was afraid to). Maith an duine túsa. Even Bernie, my wife, could be caught watching the cup presentation on the kitchen TV. I hope O'Gara carries on getting his confidence back (and don't look at what the Sunday times chief Rugby correspondent, S. Jones, says about Peter Stringer).[/and don't look at what the Sunday times chief Rugby correspondent, S. Jones, says about Peter Stringer).[/QUOTE]
]

Michael I've read S. Jones twice now and have failed to spot the reference to Stringer. I just know that Stephen Jones finds it hard to praise any Irish effort and that is why I always read him first.
The result goes on the records now and that is what counts in the years to come.

Cheers
vincent

Fintan
22nd March 2009, 09:35 PM
The final moments were breathtaking, we're very proud of the team and their achievement.

Michael
22nd March 2009, 09:49 PM
Vincent, check out the "team selection" panel with Jones, Guscott, Dallaglio, Logan and Walsh (who shares my adulation for Sean Kelly). A few pages into the section.

Daud
23rd March 2009, 03:13 AM
I got to see the match last night (Sunday) – can see why you are all pleased with the result… congratulations Ireland.

David.