PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Denmark

Deryck
23rd March 2009, 07:00 PM
Have been an amateur photographer for about 30 years.

My present darkroom is built up around a 'DEVERE 504' chassis found on the local dump. The addition of a 'BESELER 45' condensor head by a very canny son-in-law, and...Bob's your uncle.

I work mainly in 4x5 monochrome, split grading. My photography and processing very traditional stuff, though recently when I tried f/stop printing with the ensuing "WOW!!!" factor, tradition got a robust clout upside the head with the purchase of a dedicated f/stop timer. (Now just try taking THAT away from me!)

I have tried digital, of course, and have seen some truly stunning work done in this field by folks who have the knack, but the bug has never bitten and I remain firmly on the darkside.

Thanks for allowing me along,
Deryck

Les McLean
23rd March 2009, 07:05 PM
Welcome to FADU Deryck truly a place on the darkside!!!!!

Trevor Crone
23rd March 2009, 07:10 PM
Hi Deryck and I hope you live long and prosper on the darkside.

Barry
23rd March 2009, 07:34 PM
Hello Deryck and welcome to fadu.

Dave miller
23rd March 2009, 08:11 PM
You are most welcome Deryck, enjoy your time here.

Bob
23rd March 2009, 09:03 PM
Welcome aboard Deryck...

Oh, and I have only four nieces and nephews...

Have fun! Bob.

B&W Neil
24th March 2009, 08:31 AM
Welcome to FADU Deryck and it's good to have another darkside worker with us :-)
I have been in the darkside for nearly 40 years and have no intention of leaving!

Neil.

Peter Hogan
24th March 2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the darkside Deryck...:mob:

Bill
24th March 2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome to FADU Deryck.

Hope to see your Album in the Future

Bill

Richard Gould
24th March 2009, 11:33 AM
Wwlcome to fadu Deryck, truly aq home for those of us with a dark side, Richard

Mark Burley
24th March 2009, 09:31 PM
Ho Deryck, welcome to FADU - hope you enjoy the company...

Deryck
26th March 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome I received on joining FADU.

I already know of, and admire, the work of several present members of FADU, so in closing must say: Gosh! you guys set the bar awfully high.

Cheers!
Deryck

Dave miller
26th March 2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks to all for the warm welcome I received on joining FADU.

I already know of, and admire, the work of several present members of FADU, so in closing must say: Gosh! you guys set the bar awfully high.

Cheers!
Deryck

That's just how the bar should be set, but we are all here to help each other over. ;)

Victor Krag
27th March 2009, 12:54 AM
Welcome Deryck,

Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas

That's just how the bar should be set, but we are all here to help each other over. ;)

Agreed! and to finish that sentence "all here to help each other over- to the bar" could also be implied.

John
27th March 2009, 12:11 PM
Welcome to the family
John
Lincoln

Andrew Bartram
27th March 2009, 04:55 PM
Have been an amateur photographer for about 30 years.

My present darkroom is built up around a 'DEVERE 504' chassis found on the local dump. The addition of a 'BESELER 45' condensor head by a very canny son-in-law, and...Bob's your uncle.

I work mainly in 4x5 monochrome, split grading. My photography and processing very traditional stuff, though recently when I tried f/stop printing with the ensuing "WOW!!!" factor, tradition got a robust clout upside the head with the purchase of a dedicated f/stop timer. (Now just try taking THAT away from me!)

I have tried digital, of course, and have seen some truly stunning work done in this field by folks who have the knack, but the bug has never bitten and I remain firmly on the darkside.

Thanks for allowing me along,
Deryck

I'm a fan of f stop timing too, ever since I read Gene Nocon's book on the subjest 20 years ago.....Whatever happened to Gene Nocon???

Bob
27th March 2009, 05:01 PM
I'm a fan of f stop timing too, ever since I read Gene Nocon's book on the subjest 20 years ago.....Whatever happened to Gene Nocon???Guess.

Hint: It begins with "D"...

... and ends with "igital"...

http://www.genenocon.com/

photomi7ch
13th April 2009, 03:07 PM
Hi, may the force be with you

Mike O'Pray
13th April 2009, 07:17 PM
Welcome Deryck. Things are looking up here in the Midlands of England. For the first time I saw two men with film cameras today!

Pity about their age. The men that is, not the cameras but it gladdened my heart.

Mike

Kevin Caulfield
17th April 2009, 04:38 AM
Welcome from another FADU newberry from Australia.