PDA

View Full Version : Arts Fresco - Market Harborough, Leics

Mike O'Pray
25th March 2009, 08:29 PM
This is one of the best open air street theatre events I have ever been to. All completely free.The council literally close off the middle of the town for about 7 hours. Starts officially about 11:00am and runs till about 6:00pm so even if your'e 50-80 miles way, it's do-able.

I could try and describe some of the events but it's much better to google Arts Fresco and have a look. It's a street photog's paradise with no restrictions. If Garry Winogrand went there he'd be applauded or at least smiled at. Great atmosphere for adults and kids alike. The very few police there are actually trying to make sure you have a good time. It's a return to Dixon of Dock Green time in terms of attitude.

It's always on a Saturday in mid Sept, so why mention it now? Well it was the pink elephant thread that set in motion this train of thought. Unusual and colourful describes it just like the baby pink elephant.

Oh and the second reason for why now is that I might otherwise forget to mention it nearer the time

Mike

Dave miller
25th March 2009, 09:38 PM
SNIP

Oh and the second reason for why now is that I might otherwise forget to mention it nearer the time

Mike

That's why we provide you with a calender Mike for you to enter the details on. :)

Mike O'Pray
26th March 2009, 12:37 AM
Dave, thanks for the pointer. I think I understand how it's done. I need to remember to load it when the date is announced. The council have yet to appoint its ArtsFresco manager so it's too early but hopefully it has been logged in members' memories who will check the calendar periodically

To a Luddite like me this site is like an iceberg - 4/5ths is hidden but I am learning.

Mike

Mike

Bob
26th March 2009, 01:02 AM
The web site is still in 2008 unfortunately, but should provide some idea of what will be happening: http://www.artsfresco.com/

Dave miller
26th March 2009, 07:27 AM
SNIP:

To a Luddite like me this site is like an iceberg - 4/5ths is hidden but I am learning.

Mike

Mike

You and me both! :D