PDA

View Full Version : Hello from British Columbia

laharder
26th March 2009, 02:27 AM
I found this site in a recent edition of the B&W magazine, and am very impressed by what I've seen so far.
By way of introduction my name is Laurie Harder, I'm sneaking gently up on the end of my sixth decade, am recently retired after 35 years in EMS and live in a town of about 80,000 souls in the southern interior of the province. I've been taking pictures for as long as I can remember, first using the old Brownies and Instamatics and then using a Russian behemoth called the Zenit-E until someone else decided that he needed it more than I several years ago. In my retirement I decided to get back at it and picked up an OM 1 and a modest assortment of lenses; a friend graciously loaned me his unused darkroom equipment and I've been having fun since. I can certainly be classed as an amateur and I'm looking forward to learning what I can. Photographically I'd like to try working in medium format, and I'm very intrigued by pinhole cameras..there's something alluring about making things simpler.
Anyway, enough rambling...glad to meet you folks.

Laurie

darkclassical
26th March 2009, 02:36 AM
Welcome Laurie - a fellow Canadian! This is a great site and resource full of wonderful talent. I look forward to seeing your creations!

Bruce

Barry
26th March 2009, 05:28 AM
Glad you found us Laurie, have fun.

Bill
26th March 2009, 06:12 AM
Welcome to the Forum Laurie.

Looking forward to seeing your work in the Albums

Bill

Dave miller
26th March 2009, 06:25 AM
Welcome Laurie, it's good to see some more youthful folk joining in.
You have made a good choice with the Olympus system, it's first rate, the best in 35mm as far as I'm concerned.

B&W Neil
26th March 2009, 07:53 AM
Greetings Laurie - you will have a good time here :-)

Neil.

Peter Hogan
26th March 2009, 08:31 AM
Hello Laurie and welcome to FADU; I know you'll enjoy the forum.

Peter

Paul Mitchell
26th March 2009, 08:39 AM
Welcome Laurie. Do have a go with a pinhole camera it's great fun!

Les McLean
26th March 2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Laurie welcome to FADU

Trevor Crone
26th March 2009, 09:57 AM
Hi Laurie and welcome to FADU. Looking forward to seeing your work in the Albums section in due course.

Richard Gould
26th March 2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Laurie and welcome tol Fadu, hope you enjoy your visits to the forum, and have fun with photography, Richard

Bob
26th March 2009, 12:12 PM
Welcome aboard Laurie.

Making things simpler is good!

Which is especially good news in my case! ;)

Have fun, Bob.

Victor Krag
27th March 2009, 12:58 AM
Welcome Laurie from California.

Hope to see you join in our friendly discussions.

Victor

John
27th March 2009, 12:07 PM
Welcome Laurie, "not so much a retirement, just a change of focus!"
John
Lincoln

Mark Burley
28th March 2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Laurie - welcome to the forum...

Tom Stanworth
29th March 2009, 06:57 AM
Welcome Laurie! I am incapable of keeping things truly simple which is perhaps why the concept has so much appeal to me too!

photomi7ch
13th April 2009, 03:11 PM
Welcome, its all been said only needs me to add :):):)

Mike O'Pray
13th April 2009, 07:11 PM
Welcome Laurie. I saw several Zenit Photosniper outfits in the Museum of Communism in Prague a couple of years ago. There were quite some beasts.

I hope you enjoy our little group.

Mike

Kevin Caulfield
17th April 2009, 04:41 AM
Welcome, Laurie, from Melbourne, from another new FADU member who also found out about this site from Black and White Photography magazine.