PDA

View Full Version : Stan Wooding (StanW)

Bill
24th December 2013, 10:43 AM
Just a short note about Stan. He had been ill for quite a while and we have just learned in a letter from his wife Myrna (via BobRob) that he died on December 9 th.

In the latter stages of his illness he was attended by his wife and daughter but eventually was admitted to a local hospice where he died. He has been buried in his home town of Ontago.

Stan was a keen supporter of all things FADU and was adept at making the Albatross work hard to deliver his exchange prints.

He will be sadly missed.

Bill

paulc
24th December 2013, 11:23 AM
Stan was a keen supporter of all things FADU and was adept at making the Albatross work hard to deliver his exchange prints.

He will be sadly missed.

As a recipient of one of his prints, I agree the Albatross worked hard for their meagre fish rations. Had been looking forward to sending a few more of my prints down under.

Stan will indeed be missed.

big paul
24th December 2013, 12:25 PM
RIP Stan

Mike O'Pray
24th December 2013, 01:38 PM
Sorry to hear about Stan. Until this notice I hadn't realised that it had been some time since we had heard from him on FADU. A sign of how much we've grown in number.

We've lost a good friend but his family has lost much more.

Mike

Richard Gould
24th December 2013, 01:46 PM
Sorry about Stan, as a recipient of one of his prints he will be missed, I we had exchanged a few Emails, and I had not heard from him in a while, and his albatross has not flown few a few PE rounds,
Richard

skellum
24th December 2013, 02:03 PM
Condolences to Myrna- how terribly sad to lose someone you've shared your life with for years. Hopefully time soothes, even if it never really heals.

MartyNL
24th December 2013, 02:45 PM
Our deepest condolences for Myrna, family and friends.

My wife, son and myself had the pleasure of meeting Stan and Myrna in Invercargill in 2012.

rip Stan

BobRob
24th December 2013, 06:13 PM
I ''met'' Stan through the print exchange run by Tony in this forum.
We became good friends by email which soon became a daily event.
with the occasional Skype conversation.

Ever enthusiastic about all things photographic we also put the world to rights and shared some good humour.

It is hard to think he is no longer there.

Bob Robertson.

RichardWarom
25th December 2013, 04:58 AM
I to had missed seeing Stan's posts and also received one of his prints he will indeed be missed.
Richard

Richard James
25th December 2013, 10:19 AM
I did not know Stan, but having lost someone at this time of year I know how hard it is, so my deepest condolences for Myrna, family and friends.

Bob
25th December 2013, 10:36 AM
Really sad news.

You could tell just from his posts here that he was a really nice guy.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Keith Tapscott.
25th December 2013, 10:44 AM
I only just noticed this sad news, so sorry for not replying earlier.

Rest in peace Stan and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

peterlg
25th December 2013, 10:50 AM
Stan sent me a cyanotype (bluish colour?) for one of the exchange rounds. He seemed to be fond of that procedure and wrote later to me that he had been teaching the technique and that he would be glad to introduce also me to it. I did not take up his offer but I got the impression of a truely friendly man with with a sound sens of humor, somebody profoundly positive towards his surroundings.
We are lucky to have 'met' a man like Stan here and we'll keep the memory of him as an example of what FADU should continue to be.
Peter

Barry
25th December 2013, 01:21 PM
Sad news indeed. Sincerest condolences to his family and friends

JohnB
25th December 2013, 06:58 PM
What sad news. Stan was a nice guy; I've exchanged prints with him too, he also was a railfan like me.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Phil
26th December 2013, 03:29 PM
I am sorry to hear about Stan too.
He wrote some kind words to me about my blogging and was very encouraging. My condolences to his family.

Leo Stehlik
29th December 2013, 07:16 PM
Glad to have one of your prints on my wall Stan!
RIP.
My condolences to Myrna and family.

bsdunek
20th March 2014, 03:43 PM
My only contact with Stan was on line, but I will miss him. Prayers for Myrna and family.

photomi7ch
22nd March 2014, 05:04 PM
RIP Stan and my best wishes to his family. It is a difficult time that will take time to get used to.