Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Cameras - small format (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Leica MDa repair (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13664)

Michael 23rd February 2021 05:01 PM

Leica MDa repair

I have acquired a Leica MDa body with shutter speed issues that I knew about. My first choice repairer is bunged out at the moment. Apart from Newton Ellis, can anyone recommend a reliable repairer? I have looked at our "Links" but the relevant entries there were all added a while back.

Alan Clark 23rd February 2021 06:50 PM

You could try Hi Tech Camera Repairs, in Newcastle, Staffs. Tel. 01782 713544
They did a good job for me not too long ago.

Alan

Michael 23rd February 2021 07:10 PM

Thank you, Alan. I'll talk to them in the morning.

Alan Clark 23rd February 2021 09:13 PM

Michael, give them a ring. I think you will find them very helpful. And not expensive...

Alan

big paul 24th February 2021 10:47 AM

Michael that is a cool looking camera ,you will have to take some pictures of it and post them ,would love to see it..

Michael 24th February 2021 01:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
OK. Alan first: thank you for the recommendation. HiTech can take it on with a possible 2 week turnaround (I've told Paul there that it's not urgent); so it will go off tomorrow.

Paul next. Here you are: body, top view and then the minimum arrangement for being able to compose with a 9cm lens. Tripod not included, as they say on eBay.

MikeHeller 24th February 2021 02:21 PM

It has the Leica engraving on the top. My M6 doesn't and wish it had. I believe the MP ?and M7? has. Why not the M6?

Mike

Michael 24th February 2021 06:50 PM

Mike, your question interested me: my small Leica library doesn't come up to the dates in question! But I did find this overview of all the M models. Along with being pretty comprehensive, it does remark on the change from engraving to stamp in its description of the M4-2. I think the cutaways are particularly nice, too.

MikeHeller 25th February 2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael (Post 138661)
Mike, your question interested me: my small Leica library doesn't come up to the dates in question! But I did find this overview of all the M models. Along with being pretty comprehensive, it does remark on the change from engraving to stamp in its description of the M4-2. I think the cutaways are particularly nice, too.

Thanks for that link. I have bookmarked it and look forward to looking at it properly. A good source of info to add to my copy of Paul-Henry van Hasbroeek's 'Leica: Das grosse Leica Buch' that I picked up in Spain many moons ago. That is in German so really exercises the brain!

Mike

PS I can't get rid of that smiley thing which only appears when I post or save it. It is supposed to be a colon after 'Leica.......' above.

Michael 25th February 2021 09:34 AM

The camera went off for repair this morning.