Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Hello From Hertfordshire (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=94)

Stoo Batchelor 15th September 2008 12:04 PM

Hello From Hertfordshire

Hi Everyone! Glad to be here.

After reading the other introductions I can see that I am a relative "Newbie" to the darkroom. I have been fumbling around in the dark now for about 7 years, learning something new each and every visit. I have learnt lots but still have lots to learn. I am totally committed to the craft of making traditional hand-crafted monochrome photographs.

I mainly shoot Medium format, using the Pentax 645n2 as my main outfit, though have just recently purchased the Bessa R3a body and two lenses so I can have a camera with me at all times. I'm mainly a Delta 100 user, though this is slowly changing, and develop all my films in staining developers. Prescysol EF has been my main choice for a number of years, though I have recently began to mix my own. For this I prefer Sandy Kings Pyrocat M opposed to his much favoured HD version. A packet of ID11 and a bottle of Rodinal will always be found at the back of my cupboard. I am also a self confessed Fiber snob!

I look forward to learning more about you all as I spend more time here, and of course picking your brains from time to time :).

Best

Stoo

Bob 15th September 2008 04:00 PM

Hi Stoo. Glad to see you here.

Still using the matt paper? The prints we saw were terrific!

Cheers, Bob.

Dave miller 15th September 2008 04:13 PM

Welcome Stoo, enjoy the forum, and don't try to kid us about your abilities, I've got one of your prints on my living room wall remember.:) So I know what a high standard you are capable of.

Brian 15th September 2008 06:55 PM

Hi Stoo,

glad to see you here. Last time I saw you, you were proudly sporting your new R3 and I had just bought an M2 and when I say just, I mean about 30 minutes ago. Did you ever treat yourself to a new camera bag?

Brian

Stoo Batchelor 15th September 2008 07:57 PM

Thank You

Thanks kindly to Bob, Dave and Brian for the warm welcome.

Yes, I am still using the matt paper Bob, though I feel that this will be my last box. The Kentmere finegrain in the warmtone is calling me. I have seen some wonderful prints made on it just lately and it will be nice to not have to work so hard to get the deep blacks that we all crave!

Brian, yes I remember that being an expensive day for you :D. I went for a Billingham in the end. It just felt right.

Thanks All

Best

Stoo

Barry 15th September 2008 08:03 PM

Hello Stoo,

Thawed out after all that Northumberland snow? :D

Great to have you here, I look forward to viewing some of your prints.

Stoo Batchelor 16th September 2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry (Post 529)
Hello Stoo,

Thawed out after all that Northumberland snow? :D

Great to have you here, I look forward to viewing some of your prints.

Hi Barry

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeh!, thawed out o.k. Talk about four seasons in one day! I will certainly remember it for many years to come. Great stuff.

Best

Stoo

BobRob 18th September 2008 11:48 AM

welcome from rochdale

Hi Stoo.

glad to have another mono-worker.

Loads of help here for darkroom workers.

Bob Robertson.

Stoo Batchelor 18th September 2008 12:34 PM

Hi Bob

Thank you for the welcome.

I enjoyed my visit to your web site. I enjoyed the local Oldham wood photographs, though my favourite was the photo of Todmorden Street. I am fascinated by the way other photographers see and am extremely jealous of photographers who see an image in every day life that I would just stroll on by. I am working on this part of my photography though.

Thanks again

Best

Stoo