Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   FADU YEARBOOK 2015 (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   FADU Yearbook 2015 (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10391)

Les McLean 30th July 2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm (Post 103719)
It will be last minute for me, I am away for the next three weeks, will try and do a couple of prints and get them posted this weekend with two more to follow at the end of the month.August is a busy month with holidays etc. Les would extending the deadline to Sept. 11th help you and the contributors.

Sorry Norman, everyone has had 4 months to make and submit prints for the book and to say now that you are away for the next three weeks and ask for a 10 day extension will not happen. Anything that arives after 1st September will not be considered.

You may have read the post that I made some weeks ago regarding my wife and the accident she had that required a skin graft. I requested members to try to submit prints early so I could have time to work on them while she was in hospital. To date I have received three submitions, a response that really is disappointing My wife is now home and can barely walk and requires me to do everything for her which is a full time job. I now have very little spare time but I will work at the book as much as I can provided there is enough entries from which to select 40+ prints.

MartyNL 30th July 2015 01:13 PM

Posted my 4 prints today. Hopefully they will arrive safe and sound.
Many thanks Les.

GoodOldNorm 30th July 2015 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Les McLean;103722]Sorry Norman, everyone has had 4 months to make and submit prints for the book and to say now that you are away for the next three weeks and ask for a 10 day extension will not happen. Anything that arives after 1st September will not be considered.

That is fair by me, I was not asking for an extension for myself just wondered if other people were struggling to make the deadline and that was the reason for the poor input. Hope your wife makes a swift recovery and all goes well with the yearbook, regards, Norm.

GoodOldNorm 1st August 2015 08:28 AM

Prints in post

David Brown 2nd August 2015 09:30 PM

Prints in post tomorrow! Hope the boat gets there in time!

photomi7ch 4th August 2015 11:30 AM

Print were posted this morning first class recorded. This would have happened sooner if circumstance had not conspired against me.

Les McLean 4th August 2015 02:14 PM

Prints from Good Old Norman and Marty NL arrived today, thanks very much.

I now have 5 members prints so still a long way to go in just over 3 weeks.

skellum 5th August 2015 07:33 AM

Hi Les.
At this point I can't print, but could have a rummage in my 'archive', where I'm sure I could turn up a couple of images.
They most likely would not conform to your 10x8 with 1 inch margin standard. So, more work scanning??
In the next couple of days all my print boxes will be getting packed in preparation to move, so after this weekend all prints will become unavailable.
Happy to look if you feel it would be appropriate.
Cheers!!

chisel 6th August 2015 10:58 AM

My 4 are gone in the post today...

Les McLean 6th August 2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skellum (Post 103807)
Hi Les.
At this point I can't print, but could have a rummage in my 'archive', where I'm sure I could turn up a couple of images.
They most likely would not conform to your 10x8 with 1 inch margin standard. So, more work scanning??
In the next couple of days all my print boxes will be getting packed in preparation to move, so after this weekend all prints will become unavailable.
Happy to look if you feel it would be appropriate.
Cheers!!

Skellum, I can only scan A4 size prints anything bigger will not fit into my flatbed scanner