Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Auctions of Interest (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   5x4 patterson tank adaptor (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2681)

PMarkey 17th June 2010 09:50 PM

5x4 patterson tank adaptor

Spotted this on the auction site , Don't know if it's a commonly known adaptation but thought it might be of some interest to users of 5x4 film :confused:

Paul

Bob 17th June 2010 11:16 PM

Never seen it before but from the description what we are seeing is the prototype - they will be made to order. Very neat.

Dave miller 18th June 2010 06:03 AM

It's well thought out, and seems well made. It will be interesting to see how it is valued by bidders.

Neil Smith 18th June 2010 09:27 AM

Looks well made I would have some concern wether the grooves that hold each sheet on the side would be sufficient to hold the sheets in place when the tank was inverted during processing, all the 4x5 reels I have seen have a groove that holds the complete edge of each side of the film. It would be interesting to here how they work. I find it slightly odd that he does not mention testing it, which would be the first thing I did before selling, and if it was successful surely you would post your results to give people confidence, I would also be slightly worried about the sold as seen comment.

Neil

Xpres 18th June 2010 09:42 AM

Looks like a good idea and quite neat. Might use a lot of chemicals though in an inversion tank.

Bob 18th June 2010 01:05 PM

Yes, quite a bit of liquid in there... It might be better suited to stand or semi-stand development which usually uses a highly diluted developer. Certainly be cheaper that way and less chance of a sheet coming adrift.

Jack Lusted 18th June 2010 06:51 PM

Looking at the 4th picture it would seem that the sheets are retained by half a spiral placed on top of the centre column. This does seem to be all together a rather neat idea. Six sheets in a liter of dev. if you use one shot does seem a little extravagant, but not a problem if you replenish.

Jack

Mark E Mark 18th June 2010 08:18 PM

The patterson 3 reel tank useds the same amount of chemicals as the combi-plan, but empties and fills a lot quicker. Thank goodness there is some new kit like this on the market:)

Keith Tapscott. 18th June 2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMarkey (Post 31699)
Spotted this on the auction site , Don't know if it's a commonly known adaptation but thought it might be of some interest to users of 5x4 film :confused:

Paul

Pass the link onto Paterson-Photographic. I think that 5x4 film-sheet holder looks promising.

Neil Smith 19th June 2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark E Mark (Post 31759)
The patterson 3 reel tank useds the same amount of chemicals as the combi-plan, but empties and fills a lot quicker. Thank goodness there is some new kit like this on the market:)

That's a very good point you make about the filling and emptying.

Neil