Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Print Exchanges (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Print Exchange 119 - Mar. 2029 (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13029)

MikeHeller 23rd February 2020 06:25 PM

Print Exchange 119 - Mar. 2029

Time to think about the Print Exchange for March 2020 – FADU Print Exchange Round 119.

All those who want to participate please post here and send me a PM to confirm your address if I do not already have it or you have changed your address.
Closing date for registering your entry is Saturday 29th 2020. Latest date for sending your print is Tuesday 31st March 2020. I am only looking for one print in a month.

I would add that if you do join the exchange and later encounter problems which prevent you from completing then please contact me by PM. Sometimes we do get confronted by the unexpected but if I and the other two people involved (sender and receiver) know you have a problem then it does take out the uncertainty in our minds and perhaps find a solution.

Print Exchange Rules
To start with you will have the remainder of this month to sign up, the cut-off being the last day of the month. If you wish to be included then make a post on this thread to that effect, and at the same time send me a PM with your name, and address.
Head the PM with the title “FADU Print Exchange Round”, and add the round number.
At the beginning of next month those that have given me their details will be provided with the name and address of one other member to whom you will be expected to send your print before the end of the month.

You will not be told who has been asked to send you a print, so that it remains a surprise until you receive it. When you send your print please post to that effect on this thread, but do not say to whom you have sent it. We like to maintain the element of surprise until the last moment. When you receive a print please post to that effect on this thread, you may say who it is from and comment on it if you wish.

Anyone failing to send out their print without good reason will be excluded from future events. If you run into difficulty in this respect then please let me know.
If you wish to participate then confirm your intention on this thread and also send me a PM with your name and address.
The selection process will be as random as possible, and I will try and ensure that you receive a print from a different person in each round although eventually there will be some repetition.

There is a Gallery for posting your print after it has arrived with the recipient. It is not compulsory but it does make the Exchange more interesting to all members of the forum and displays your work to others.

Rules
• Your print must have been printed from a negative exposed in a film camera
• Inkjet, digitally printed photographs, or computer manipulated images are not allowed
• Your print paper can be any size that will fit in an envelope up to A4 size
• The image may be any size or format
• Paper type and finish is your choice, as is the subject
• Alternative processes, toning or other treatments are all accepted
• It is recommended you provide some background information with your print to assist your recipient as this encourages interchange
• Don’t forget to enclose your details and FADU name so your recipient can thank you
• You are only responsible for the cost of posting your own print
• Please ensure you dispatch your print within the round month
• You must enjoy the experience
• If you have any queries or problems - please contact me as soon as possible.
Mike

Quendil 23rd February 2020 07:07 PM

Count me in again

Thanks
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexmuir 23rd February 2020 07:28 PM

I’m in again. Thanks Mike.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MartyNL 24th February 2020 06:26 AM

Yes, please.

Terry S 24th February 2020 11:44 AM

In again please. :)

Terry S

Richard Gould 24th February 2020 11:45 AM

I'm in again, please Mike
Richard

SanMiguel 24th February 2020 03:03 PM

I'll go in again, Mike.
Thanks,
Michael

PanFrank 24th February 2020 05:33 PM

Hi Mike,
Please count me in.
Frank

CanonJane 24th February 2020 05:42 PM

I’m in please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeHeller 25th February 2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanonJane (Post 131192)
I’m in please!

A new participant!! Welcome aboard. You have PMed me your address, thanks. Watch this space!
Best Wishes, Mike

DaveInElland 26th February 2020 07:17 PM

Room for a little one? :D

MikeHeller 28th February 2020 09:33 AM

The following have so far an interest in participitating:

Quendil
alexmuir
MartyNL
MikeHeller
Richard Gould
SanMiguel
CanonJane
DaveInElland

Please let me know if I have omitted anyone and if anyone else wants to join, you have till the end of Saturday to let me know.

Thanks, Mike

Terry S 28th February 2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHeller (Post 131293)
The following have so far an interest in participitating:

Please let me know if I have omitted anyone and if anyone else wants to join, you have till the end of Saturday to let me know.

Thanks, Mike

You've missed my name off of the list Mike = post #5. :(

Terry S

JakubV 28th February 2020 10:22 PM

Hi Mike, count me in please

Jakub

MikeHeller 1st March 2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry S (Post 131294)
You've missed my name off of the list Mike = post #5. :(

Terry S

Whoops, sorry about that.
Mike

MikeHeller 1st March 2020 09:49 AM

The following have opted to participate in this month's (March) print exchange.

Quendil
alexmuir
MartyNL
MikeHeller
Richard Gould
SanMiguel
CanonJane
DaveInElland
JakubV
Terry S

Please let me know if I have managed to omit anyone else or of any other problems. PMs hopefully will go out in the middle of next week.
Thanks, Mike

MikeHeller 1st March 2020 10:41 AM

I have also managed to leave out PanFrank.
Apologies, Mike

PanFrank 1st March 2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHeller (Post 131388)
I have also managed to leave out PanFrank.
Apologies, Mike

Didn't notice until now, but got the message, literally. :)
Thanks, Mike!

MikeHeller 2nd March 2020 11:37 AM

PMs actually managed to get sent out yesterday. Please let me know if you don't get one.
Mike

alexmuir 4th March 2020 12:16 PM

Posted my print this morning.
Alex

Bob 4th March 2020 08:11 PM

The March 2020 Round 119 Gallery is now open for business...

MikeHeller 6th March 2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexmuir (Post 131504)
Posted my print this morning.
Alex

And arrived today. A very detailed and interesting night time city-scape picture in Glasgow. There is just enough light so that the sky is not black which gives context to the print. Another worthy addition to my collection, thanks very much.
Mike

alexmuir 6th March 2020 07:39 PM

Thanks Mike. I’m glad you liked it. I’ll put it in the gallery on Sunday when I get home.
Alex

Richard Gould 7th March 2020 08:38 AM

posted mine today
Richard

PanFrank 9th March 2020 06:39 PM

I posted my print this morning.
Frank

DaveInElland 10th March 2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Gould (Post 131577)
posted mine today
Richard

and safely received thank you!

Two coastal scenes from Richard’s ongoing early morning beach life project. Both exude atmosphere and capture the early morning light beautifully.

Thank you Richard!

Richard Gould 10th March 2020 11:51 AM

That was good going from the post office, aathanks Dave, glad you like them
Richard

DaveInElland 11th March 2020 05:33 PM

Mine is in the post!

alexmuir 12th March 2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveInElland (Post 131704)
Mine is in the post!

Received today! A very nice print of a vintage double decker bus. The split grade printing technique has worked well, and the printed film rebate adds a very effective frame. The picture is very well composed, and I hope it will appear in the Gallery.
Many thanks, Dave.
Alex

SanMiguel 13th March 2020 10:06 AM

Frank I received your print yesterday. A shot of a piece of ironwork at a church not far from Frank's home. Called 'The Watchdog' due to it's rather strange design (looks like the jaws of a large hound). Not quite sure what its use is - it looks like the 'jaws' can be opened by pressing down on the top part but I can't think what you would want it to grip. It's an interesting artefact for sure - reminds me of the boot scrapers you would find outside older houses.

Frank has got himself down low for this shot and there's a long, long shadow cast by the object. I'm a sucker for shadows and also for prints like this, where the whole print is filled with ground and walls, all different shades of grey. It's very nicely printed, on glossy paper.

Thanks for posting. Now I'll have to get the finger out and print something for my contribution to this month's Exchange.

Michael

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanFrank (Post 131643)
Frank

MikeHeller 14th March 2020 09:13 AM

My offering went into the post yesterday.
Mike

PanFrank 14th March 2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanMiguel (Post 131763)
Not quite sure what its use is - it looks like the 'jaws' can be opened by pressing down on the top part but I can't think what you would want it to grip.
Michael

Hi Michael,
Glad you like it. In the upper left corner is the lower part of the church portal door. There is a metal ring attached to the door, which snaps in the jaw of our watchdog, keeping the door open. Pressing down releases the door from the jaw.
Best, Frank

Richard Gould 16th March 2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHeller (Post 131780)
My offering went into the post yesterday.
Mike

Just got here, a photograph taken on Christmas day of part of a bridge, with lovely detail in the stonework, and trees in the distance under the arch, printed on Ilford cool tone paper, which suits the wintry look pf the print, Like it a lot, Thanks Mike
Richard

Quendil 16th March 2020 06:48 PM

My offering is in the post

David

SanMiguel 19th March 2020 06:36 AM

Thanks for the explanation, Frank. Makes sense - a nice watchdog thing indeed!
Michael

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanFrank (Post 131796)
Hi Michael,
Glad you like it. In the upper left corner is the lower part of the church portal door. There is a metal ring attached to the door, which snaps in the jaw of our watchdog, keeping the door open. Pressing down releases the door from the jaw.
Best, Frank

SanMiguel 20th March 2020 09:50 PM

Michael

Terry S 23rd March 2020 12:00 PM

Surprised to find my local PO open yesterday, when checking on line, I popped out briefly, and posted my print for this exchange.

I posted it by first class, but based on other post that I've been receiving, it may take up to a week or so to be delivered. Even a '48 hour' service package that I received took 5 days to get to me.

So don't panic anyone, it's on it's way. :)

Terry S

JakubV 24th March 2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quendil (Post 131842)
My offering is in the post

David

And received today, a series of five prints from 110 film showcasing various parts of Eden project - what a presume is (very interestingly looking) system of geenhouses. Small format gives the pictures very nice sort of "old, imperfect family photos" look. If I had to choose, I'd say that I liked the one full of plants (looking like small palm trees) with plenty of light a shadow play the most.

Thanks for the fine prints.

Jakub

Terry S 24th March 2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakubV (Post 131995)
And received today, a series of five prints from 110 film showcasing various parts of Eden project - what a presume is (very interestingly looking) system of greenhouses.
Jakub

Having been to the Eden project, I look forward to seeing (all of?) the prints in the gallery. :)

But you are correct on your assumption Jakub about the structures, but they are the biggest greenhouses that I've ever visited and slightly bigger than my 6 x 5 foot one! LOL

And although not quite the same as going there, it's worth looking it up, which I am also about to do, to relive my memories of my visit. :)

https://www.edenproject.com/

Terry S

Quendil 25th March 2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry S (Post 131957)
Surprised to find my local PO open yesterday, when checking on line, I popped out briefly, and posted my print for this exchange.

I posted it by first class, but based on other post that I've been receiving, it may take up to a week or so to be delivered. Even a '48 hour' service package that I received took 5 days to get to me.

So don't panic anyone, it's on it's way. :)

Terry S

The prints turned up today thank you. I shall have to try the Rollei film as the results look good.

Quendil 25th March 2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry S (Post 131996)
Having been to the Eden project, I look forward to seeing (all of?) the prints in the gallery. :)

Sorry scanning of photos is not my strong point and I rarely bother anymore.

Quendil 25th March 2020 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakubV (Post 131995)
And received today, a series of five prints from 110 film showcasing various parts of Eden project - what a presume is (very interestingly looking) system of geenhouses. Small format gives the pictures very nice sort of "old, imperfect family photos" look. If I had to choose, I'd say that I liked the one full of plants (looking like small palm trees) with plenty of light a shadow play the most.

Thanks for the fine prints.

Jakub

Glad they arrived. I shall have to try a different 110 film to compare the results at some point.

JakubV 25th March 2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quendil (Post 132036)
Sorry scanning of photos is not my strong point and I rarely bother anymore.

I'd offer to scan the prints, but I'm using scanner at my work which is unavailable now that I'm home officed. Maybe I'll get to it when this plague times are over if I don't forget :D

MartyNL 25th March 2020 07:25 PM

My print found its way to the post office today.
Hopefully there won't be too many hold-ups along the way...

MartyNL 26th March 2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanMiguel (Post 131911)
Michael

And I’ve received an exquisitely printed photograph complete with key-line. It’s a ‘new’ paper for me and the tones and details really shine through. Great composition and beautiful light.
Many thanks, Michael.

By the way, the Toyo and I are very slowly and gently getting to know one another. It’s a relationship that definitely needs time, more so than any other I’ve ever encountered!
The good news is that my 210 and 240 G-clarons both cover the format together with my Nikkor 300M. And I’m trying to get a Sinar shutter up and running on her before venturing into environmental portraits. To be continued...

MikeHeller 1st April 2020 11:29 AM

All Exchanges bar two are in the post or have been received. I have been told about the two and potential recipients involved have been PMed.
There are more still delayed in the post but will hopefully arrive in due course. And still post on the thread that they have been received whenever that is.
Thanks and keep safe, Mike

SanMiguel 8th April 2020 08:21 AM

Thanks Marty, glad you liked the print. I forgot to scan it but I've put an earlier version of the print (on different paper) up on the Exchange Gallery.

I shall look forward to seeing some results from the Toyo - it sounds like you are getting closer to your first shoot with it. Lots of fun ahead!

MartyNL 10th April 2020 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SanMiguel (Post 132387)
Thanks Marty, glad you liked the print. I forgot to scan it but I've put an earlier version of the print (on different paper) up on the Exchange Gallery.

I shall look forward to seeing some results from the Toyo - it sounds like you are getting closer to your first shoot with it. Lots of fun ahead!

Hi Michael, just thought I'd let you know, the Toyo to Sinar copal shutter adapter arrived from Luland in China. Here's a peek...

JakubV 22nd April 2020 01:21 PM

Finally, I've been able to post my offering :) hooray for the open borders - for the post at least

Jakub

CanonJane 22nd April 2020 04:00 PM

Mine has finally gone into the post too! 😁