Film and Darkroom User

Film and Darkroom User (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Richard Gould (http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14038)

John King 9th December 2021 11:09 PM

Richard Gould

Has anyone heard from him. The last time he posted was on the 18th October and since then nothing. He reported in July that he had suffered a stroke but was having Physio to help him.

His comments were always worth reading and some of his photographs gave a good idea what Jersey was like.

MartyNL 9th December 2021 11:52 PM

Hi John, it appears Richard's 'last activity' was quite recent, so it might be worth dropping him a PM. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Mike O'Pray 10th December 2021 12:07 AM

Yes my info in the "friends" section says "today" was his last visit. Luckily our "hardcore" group i.e. those who post regularly tend to be missed quite quickly but one of the problems with an expanding group, which is a healthy thing per se, is that eventually people can be absent for longer without necessarily being missed.

Hopefully his medical problem is proceeding along the right path

Mike

John King 10th December 2021 07:51 AM

Unlike the motorcycle forum I use where I can check the last 'visit' not only the last post. I was not aware you could do it on this forum. It was when I looked at his posts I saw the last one was in October.

I don't know Richard at all but he kindly sent me a replacement Weston Invercone a few years ago, was hoping he was ok considering the Covid situation.

Mike O'Pray 10th December 2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John King (Post 142649)
I don't know Richard at all but he kindly sent me a replacement Weston Invercone a few years ago, was hoping he was ok considering the Covid situation.

Yes, Covid, that's the "big unknown" these days in terms of people's health and unfortunately doesn't look like it may get better any day soon.

Mike

PanFrank 10th December 2021 05:50 PM

Mike once posted in a print exchange thread that Richard would miss out some months, but hopes to be back in January. So, best wishes Richard and we all hope to have you soon back again.
Frank

Keith Tapscott. 10th December 2021 09:45 PM

I wish Richard a speedy recovery and hope to read his post's here again soon.

Richard Gould 11th December 2021 05:07 PM

Hi Hohn and thanks for the kind thoughts. from all he4re. I have been very unwell since early October. having suffered a small stroke in June, and fully recovered from thatgot a small ear ache in October, went to the Doc, and ended upmwith a major ear infection, which upset my bLnce and I tripped up at hoje one noght and next thing I remember is waking up 8n the Ambulance on the way to hospital, and was in and out of hospital most of october , then back agtain in November for iron and blood transfusions as I got anemia due to olosing a lot of blood when I fell in October, but last Friday I have finallyt been dicscharged as cured, so now I need to get my darkroom up and running again, and sort out my cameras. I have used neither since October, and should be back in business soon. I have looked in here from time to time to keepm up with things, and gope to be back in the print exchanges in January or Febuary.
Richard

John King 11th December 2021 06:20 PM

Welcome back Richard. I had the same as you (described as a mini stroke) last April then after a follow up CT scan they found an anomaly in a vein in my neck and had to walk around with a heart monitor for a few days. Actually I got a letter from the consultant this morning giving me the all clear. So I can now really plan ahead (Covid considering)

Mike O'Pray 11th December 2021 06:32 PM

At least good news on two friends in this time of serious uncertainty in terms of our health prospects. Stay well, both

Mike